LegacyGT.com

Subaru Wagon Driver Nailed for 130 in a 55 in Salem, OR

gfxdave99

disagree all you want....I don't make this crap up

Weight means NOTHING. An old VW, assuming zero friction could do 100,000 miles an hour, Eeeeeeeeeevennnnnnnnnnnntualllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly:eek:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why anyone would be travelling 210 kmh on a public hwy mystifies me... F' that.

Thats cause you are thinking American ;) Think European, GeorgeB lives in Bucharest. People follow the rules really well over there, no soccer Moms in the fast lane etc etc :) Its dangerous but not half as dangerous as doing the same thing on the I95

Why anyone would be travelling 210 kmh on a public hwy mystifies me... F' that.

210 km/h is easy cruising speed on MANY public highways. And legal to boot in Germany.

Don't assume.

Plus it's nothing for our cars (especially with upgraded suspension).

Fun starts at 250km/h and up.

funny, I was in my LGT wagon today doing about 110 with a 2007 Impreza 2.5i, and the little booger was hangin in until about 100 then he started to putter out. Sad thing is I live in the woodburn salem area, now I really have to watch for county or the occasional state. WAGONS are supposed to be sleepers. Moral of the story, if you're gonna go more than double the speed limit...get a radar detector, and don't do it on I-5.

By the way we need more mid willamette valley Subies around.

...Moral of the story, if you're gonna go more than double the speed limit...get a radar detector, and don't do it on I-5....

Absolutely not! The moral of the story is to NOT drive double the speed limit. You are risking your life, and anyone else on the road, including myself and our children.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

anything over 100mph is sketchy in these cars imo.

I suppose it depends on the weather, and the road. I find a on a calm day with the arrow straight glass smooth roads you see in west texas, new mexico, colorado etc. You can haul along at an easy 100-110 for hours on end. Only thing that sucks is this limit of 89mph for the cruise. Foot gets tired of holding it to 100+ for hours on end.

I suppose it depends on the weather, and the road. I find a on a calm day with the arrow straight glass smooth roads you see in west texas, new mexico, colorado etc. You can haul along at an easy 100-110 for hours on end. Only thing that sucks is this limit of 89mph for the cruise. Foot gets tired of holding it to 100+ for hours on end.

Your engine gets tired of doing 100+ too.

210 km/h is easy cruising speed on MANY public highways. And legal to boot in Germany.

Don't assume.

Plus it's nothing for our cars (especially with upgraded suspension).

Fun starts at 250km/h and up.

I can appreciate the different speed laws in Europe, and the fact that they have many years of practice in driving responsibly at those speeds.

However, I am commenting on the fact that someone in Salem OR decided to travel 210kmh on the highway.

If there is an ungoverned, autobahn-type freeway in Salem Oregon that I don't know about, then I retract this statement.;)

Agreed.

I don't even want to envision what a crash would look like from a car travelling 200 kmh smashing into the back of a car travelling 100 kmh....

wreckage (and body parts) would cover the highway for miles....

Absolutely not! The moral of the story is to NOT drive double the speed limit. You are risking your life, and anyone else on the road, including myself and our children.

I live in the country so whenever I see I-5 I bottle it up...that highway is a little to "rutty" (locals know) to drive like that. I understand your point and I am an enthusiest, I like my Sub, but I never drive like that with traffic. That guy is a plain idiot. I am an emergency nurse...I don't need more business. Radar detectors are good for curvy two lane country roads that have posted speed limity of 55mph, that's what subies are best at curvy roads...right? By the way Oregonians, there are some great roads towards John Day out of Government Camp. Long drive but totally worth every mile...gorgeous scenery too!

I've hit 137 mph, once. Amazingly smooth...

But keep these speeds to the track. Deer & animals on the highways don't know how to get out of the way. At least the Canadian highways have made a valiant effort to keep animals off the highways with fencing and tunnels.

Anyone ever seen the hit deer counts up in Winthrop?

" Last year, 329 deer died on Methow Valley roads" and that was in 2000.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/ever09.shtml

Cheers,

Mike

come again ?!?!?! cruise does not work over 89mph ? :O

WTF ? mine works fine up to top speed !!!

this sucks X(

THINK of the CHILDERN, DANGEROUS at any speed. Give me a break. Everytime you get out on the road at any speed you risk your own life and others. There is no 100% safe speed. OMG the sky is falling

GeorgeB:

Yeah at least on my 05 the cruise will not set higher then 89mph. Which is fine as here in Texas they try to be somewhat realistic about speed limits and 80mph is the limit on I10, I20 and they usually let you get away with 9-10 over here (except at the end of the month). My 02 WRX also had the same limitation where the highest you could set your cruise was 89. There are same rural two lane roads in Texas that have speed limits of 75mph, and I've been able to maintain high rates of speed for almost 200 miles without passing a single car.

In my old 01 LGT (non turbo) I was able to hit 110 without any problems.

I did in Montana when my wife and I moved from Seattle to OKC. She was scared shitless the whole time. Most of the trip thru Montana, we averaged around 85-95. It felt incredibly stable the whole time. besides the 2 of us, we also have 5 dogs (3 puppies) and the trunk was full of misc crap. I was surprised how easily it hit 110.

I used to have a 86 mustang convertible, the fastest my friend and I took it was 125, and this was after the mountain passes in WA. That was probably the scariest moment of my life, it felt like it was going to lift off the ground and fly :)

Archived