LegacyGT.com

Subaru Wagon Driver Nailed for 130 in a 55 in Salem, OR

gfxdave99

Maybe the driver was just being a good boy and pulled over. I bet the Trooper was glad he did :)

This seems to be a common thing. A woman blew by me, in a Spectra no less, on the SSP here in NY, she was probably doing 80 in a 55, and right behind her was a trooper on her tail. She actually accelerated when he locked on to her tail. It was hilarious because she must have believed he was another fellow driver that was racing her (did I mention it was a Spectra?). Before they disappeared over the horizon he hit the lights and she pulled over immediately.

I don't know about you but I have the way a crown victoria looks in my rear view mirror burned into my brain. Sometimes I slow down and its an ancient couple driving one lol :D

You might want to burn the image of a Dodge Magnum in your head as well since they have those in the city too...Talk about fighting fire with fire...lol

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats cause you are thinking American ;) Think European, GeorgeB lives in Bucharest. People follow the rules really well over there, no soccer Moms in the fast lane etc etc :) Its dangerous but not half as dangerous as doing the same thing on the I95

I am not sure about Romania but Poland definately lacks roads for such fast driving. It does not mean that people are not driving that fast on 2 lane not divided road.

US interstate speed limits are artificially low. They were put mostly to reduce fuel consumption (infamous 55 mph limit) not to make driving safe. I would say that 55 mph speed limit was less safe than current 65 mph (in MA).

People were and are not trained for anything else but old 55 mph limit on highway.

I was driving I90 in NY with 55 mph limit, then on my way back I was driving US 20 (I think) 2 lane not divided highway with 50 mph limit. Who was crazy?

Krzys

Absolutely not! The moral of the story is to NOT drive double the speed limit. You are risking your life, and anyone else on the road, including myself and our children.

I have to agree to some extent. You are an ass if you are driving on a crowded freeway at those speeds. Luckly, I live in the sticks and we have lots of empty highway around here...

I have had my 2.5i up to 125 but I doubt it will go much beyond that...there musta been hella tailwind to get a 2.5i up to 135.

I had my old L wagon up to about 120 so it would not be out of the question.

Oh, on the track of course....

At first I thought it might have been a legacy, but theres no way an 04 wagon with 165hp is doing 130+ So it was probably a rex wagon.

My wagon's done 125Mph, it wasn't even at redline, i had to stop cause i ran out of.. track. It's a 94 EJ22E clocking in at 135Bhp, manual of course.

You can't outrun a radio!!!!!:lol: :lol:

:whore: Also was the Crown Vic a slow poke metro car or was it a P71 pursuit package unit?? They are faster, but if you want to get the bad guys get a Hemi Dodge Charger like my local law around here is doing. Vics are going to be around till 2010. Will they go any faster?? Time will tell.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

I had gotten up to 115 or so on my old 00 legacy L. It was back when it was new and I was running along the highway in a big pack of sports cars so I didn't notice it till I looked down at the spedo so it was pretty stable. I just don't know where the govenor is set on them, but it felt like it could have gone faster.

My buddy has a private track....

anways.. 139 according to GPS and still pulling hard, but we ran out of road (happens on provate tracks) and had to slow down.

And with cops...it's not running untill they turn on the blinky lights.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

yeah... doing 75 on I-80 through say.... nebraska.... yeah... i got my obxt up to 135mph..... with a thule box on top :eek:

but then again, i hadn't seen another car for about half an hour... and the last vehicle i saw was a semi doing 90 :lol:

:O Wow...you guys must provide most of the track's revenue...always going there to test out that legacy of yours.

In CA, the only safe area to push it a bit is maybe highway 395 (a track, of course), going from Tahoe to ....somewhere in the middle of california i think . It felt quite stable going 115 in our 2.5i, with 5 peeps in the car and a completely loaded trunk.

Keep it on the track,

Jon

I took my bro's 05 Legacy up to 100 EASY on the highway this weekend. EASY. It handled beautifully too, might I add. I even broke the wheels free through a couple of twisties while I was at it. Honestly I thought the legacy was fast and I'm looking at an LGT when the new one w/ the paddles comes out. I am getting tired of driving stick.

:O Wow...you guys must provide most of the track's revenue...always going there to test out that legacy of yours.

Most of them say they did it on a track, but thats just for legal reasons :p

I myself never speed...

...Where i know now cops like to hang out :D

In all honesty, speeding does not kill like the ads say, being a stupid driver does. Being a stupid driver can definitely include speeding. Speeding can even be doing 30 in a 30 zone, when it's pouring down with rain (though with subaru AWD...) My motto is to always keep it safe, and out of sight. (read: away from other motorists)

I have never had a traffic offence, nor a crash, and I'm a teenager with a legacy, and a small 3 years of experience.. (teenagers with subarus in my part of auckland, provide the local police with their pay checks)

clarinetxkid --- that's the funniest avatar I've seen haha

But I'm not so nterested in top speed. Nothing beats a good, deserted winding road where you don't have to break the speed limit to have fun-- if only they all had run-off space.

That said, I've only gotten the car up to speed once or twice. It's not stable; suspension should take care of that. But I was on a track, so I wasn't too concerned. ;)

Archived