LegacyGT.com

Bumper Popped Off

I think he's saying it fell off when he "smashed" the front end of the car into the driveway. It is very possible to scrape parts of this car, especially if you've lowered it, but they shouldn't fall off unless you really hit it good. See a lot of people do this when they first get a car/lower a car, have no idea how low it actually is.

Yeah apparently, WaffleImages doesn't like this forum.

It may be a 'lower' car, but the plastic retainer clips they use to secure the bumper to the fender are for crap. I've driven a low tire air Camry into the same curb and circumstance and all that happened was it scraped. No bumper popping off. Real downer on component quality, there.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8536/cardamage3lo6.th.jpg

I got it fixed for $90

This is definitely an issue with cheap clips. My bumper didn't fall off completely on one side but I did lose a clip. Now part of the bumper bulges out and doesn't line up with the fender. Mine wasn't caused by hitting a driveway or anything, so I think it's just a shoddy part.

Well for having so many lowered vehicles, I'd think at some point you'd stop hitting the same driveway. LoL This has nothing to do with warranty due to driver error.

I've never driven any car actively differently. I don't choreograph my driveway exits, so they differ in minor ways each time.

Archived