LegacyGT.com

Shipping your car

I shipped my STi from L.A. to Erie, PA (and back), and it was around $900 each way in an open trailer.

If I had to do it again, I'd go with this company; http://www.intercitylines.com/

But, it's probably quite a bit more expensive. ;)

-Mike-

that looks way to expensive.. I'd do that if I had an exotic..

was there any noticable damage on your STI or was everything fine? how long did it take? I don't think I can drive cuz my parents are gonna be here, and they make sure I drive 55mph in the right lane with no radio on.. no thanks. ;)

Purchased mine in TX had it shipped to FL. Make sure the vehicle is prepped prior to shipping. Also is the transport is not covered you want the lower middle locations

I paid just under 650

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

was there any noticable damage on your STI or was everything fine? how long did it take? I don't think I can drive cuz my parents are gonna be here, and they make sure I drive 55mph in the right lane with no radio on.. no thanks. ;)

No damage... And I took many photos of the car prior to being shipped. The trip to Erie took ~5 days, and coming back it took only 2 days.

I don't enjoy driving long distances (over ~6-7 hours), so shipping was my only option. ;)

-Mike-

Shipped from NY to TX. My truck had a huge dent in the roof and my wife's mustang had nice scratches in the hood. They paid for the damage but it really made me mad. Not to mention it took them over 10 days to get the cars delivered, despite them saying it would only take 5.

We drove the Legacy. No damage. NY to TX. Took our time (3 days driving) around 550 miles a day. I like to cruise along so no issues for me and the Legacy was great on the trip.

We'll never ship a car again. It will be less aggrevation for me to hire one of my brothers (or both) to help me caravan the cars and then just fly them home.

If you want to ship and not be worried, I would recommend Intercity. I had my legacy shipped from FL to NJ in Nov and it cost $1300 if I recall. Now before you fall over from that price, consider:

-They use only fully enclosed carriers driven by their own drivers

- Cars are covered inside and out during transport. I think my wife said the guy was wearing booties when he took it off the carrier

- They go over the car completely before and after shipping to note any damage. I bought my car used and the driver found way more defects than I did.

You can save some money using non-enclosed carriers or a broker of some sort, but then you end up with cars sitting in lots waiting for a truck, marks in your paint from dripping fluid from the car above, rock chips, etc.

I paid $1500 from Chicago to Seattle plus $100 tip and that was enclosed. You could pay half as much for open but lots of stuff might happen to it on an open carrier. If I didn't care as much about the condition of the car or didn't want to fork over the $$$ then I'd go open. Most have used open transport without incident but some aren't as lucky.

• 5 months later...

Archived