LegacyGT.com

Quote for getting windows tinted...opinions?

Gmoe

This is from Ray Sands Glass in Rochester, NY. Anyone else care to chime in on the comment regarding NY law and/or the type of tint they use etc.? ANY tint is illegal:confused: I do NOT want to put different tint front and back, even if it means only slightly tinting or not at all. Any pictures of what they are calling 50% on a Legacy? Price sure seems good... $150.

Thank your for your inquiry into our services. We would be glad to help you with your request.

Before tinting any part of your vehicle please make yourself aware of the tinting laws in New York State (NYS). In a nutshell, any tint you put on the doors of a vehicle is considered illegal. However, law enforcement usually only tickets if it is too dark for their liking. (WTF?!?!? Their LIKING?!?!?!) NY sucks!:spin:

We carry 3 basic shades or percentages of the Charcoal film…50%...35%...20%. The shade or percentage designates how much ultra-violet light is transmitted into the vehicle. Therefore, 20% is the darkest of the film we will provide. It is because of the laws in NYS that we will NOT put 20% tint on the front door windows of a vehicle and would recommend a combination of 50% and 35% films. Ultimately, it is the customer’s responsibility when dealing with repercussions from law enforcement and NOT Ray Sands Glass.

We use Madico products and we do have samples of the shades or percentages to choose from in our shop (remember the NYS tinting laws when deciding). If you have any questions about the products used feel free to give us a call. Or, you can check out Madico’s website at www.madico.com for some helpful information. Keep in mind; we use Madico products in our residential tinting department as well…something to think about for your home.

We do all of our tinting at our Chili Avenue, Rochester location. Also, we ask that you drop the vehicle for at least a half a day or plan to wait a several hours depending on how many or what windows you would like tinted.

The pricing for your vehicle is: $150.00 + tax for all the windows.

I paid $165 total for 35% all around. I also got a ticket recently, but that is my first in 10+ years of having all my cars with 35% all around.

I got a great install, with a one piece back piece.

I say just do 35% all around, it is dark enough.

X

---

Can one of you 35%ers post or link a picture so I can get an idea of what that looks like?

And just so I understand this correctly... 35% would be 5% over what's legal in NY? How much was your ticket laz?

Can one of you 35%ers post or link a picture so I can get an idea of what that looks like?

And just so I understand this correctly... 35% would be 5% over what's legal in NY? How much was your ticket laz?

In NYC it is a flat fee od $60

This was my 05 with 35%:

http://deexboy.com/albums/album41/IMG_7138.sized.jpg

More pics here: Pic Link

The 07 silver looks pretty much the same. I have no pics of it at the moment.

X

---

Dayum.. Those look DARK...and nice! That really allows 65% of light through?? Could just be the lighting in the pics I guess. Thanks.

yeah its probably the lighting....from an angle...35% looks dark

but straight on from the side you can pretty much see right in

Dayum.. Those look DARK...and nice! That really allows 65% of light through?? Could just be the lighting in the pics I guess. Thanks.

If you are talking about mine, it was a pretty cloudy day.

I will take pics of the '07 for comparison.

X

---

Was talking about all of them. :)

I guess I'll need to go down there and take a look and talk with them. It's just not worth it to me to have them over the legal limit at all. As much as it looks totally bad ass. I just don't think I want even the chance of the hassle of a ticket or if I ever have to sell.

^Bah...forum choked with my original reply. Thanks. This just sucks. 70% as NY dictates would be just a joke. I could fart a cloud that blocks more sun than that.

This is making me glad I don't have black leather I guess. :\

Check out the shop and see if it has a gaurentee on the tint. My shop does. The last shop I used it started to peel and it had bubbles :( I've been stopped a couple of times, but I've never gotten a ticket for it. I've got 20%. It is pretty good, but I was warned to go darker ie Limo Tint. Cops apparently get really really pissed about limo tints. There may have been some cops shot by people with limo tints because they coudln't see the gun inside the window. :eek:

I think I'mm going to go with 50% all around...can anyone refer me to a reputable, reasonably priced shop in the NYC area, preferably Queens...or Long Island. Thanks

This is where I got mine done:

Stadium Auto Glass

12602 Northern Blvd

Flushing, NY 11368

(718) 898-8884

X

---

Archived