LegacyGT.com

Prima Hydro.... why wax when you can Hydro?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ that's right, after the 24hrs it looks even better. this stuff is simply amazing.

no one will believe you that you just used a spray wax. lol i laugh at those

that sit out there waxing their frikken brains out on their daily drivers while

it rains the next day. their 3-4hr work ruined. you spent like 2-3min? LOL!!!

and Hydro usually turn out better looking too cause it is so easy to apply

evenly, can be used on seals, plastics, paint, glass. there is no way you can

mess it up.

^^you are so right, took me about 10mins tops. And the car looks great. My car isn't garaged so to waste 3hrs on a Saturday waxing is just crazy. Sometimes you need to wax or clay the car. However for a great look every week Hydro is the way to go.

Lets get more pictures up!

I missed the part in this long thread, if it's here, about how long Hydro lasts. Also, how would you compare the protection and look of Hydro vs. NXT Tech Wax or something similar?

Hydro was beading water even after 4 weeks.

it is much more durable than NXT. NXT was easy on easy off... literally.

NXT use to just wash off only after a few washes... i hated it.

Hydro is even easier to use and lasts longer. it's hard to believe it is a

spray wax as you would think the thing would just wash off in one wash like

other spray waxes. not the case.

If you are in an area where you can wash your car bi-weekly and reapply

Hydro you will not need to wax your car ever again. Hydro also helps your

drying MF towel glide smoothly (like a lubricant) preventing towel haze.

the down side? not sure... i haven't encountered any yet. you can't use it

in freezing temps(?) lol :lol: or can't kill annoying bugs? or it attracts bees

from the sweet peach-like smell?... there's really no negatives that i know of.

Does it apply OK over carnauba wax (before that goes away)?

>Hydro also helps your drying MF towel glide smoothly (like a lubricant) preventing towel haze.<

I use "the absorber" for drying, not a MF towel. It's a PVA (Poly Vinyl Alcohol) material that works much like a chamois. Would that work with Hydro or would I need to switch to a MF towel?

Hydro was beading water even after 4 weeks.

it is much more durable than NXT. NXT was easy on easy off... literally.

NXT use to just wash off only after a few washes... i hated it.

Hydro is even easier to use and lasts longer. it's hard to believe it is a

spray wax as you would think the thing would just wash off in one wash like

other spray waxes. not the case.

If you are in an area where you can wash your car bi-weekly and reapply

Hydro you will not need to wax your car ever again. Hydro also helps your

drying MF towel glide smoothly (like a lubricant) preventing towel haze.

the down side? not sure... i haven't encountered any yet. you can't use it

in freezing temps(?) lol :lol: or can't kill annoying bugs? or it attracts bees

from the sweet peach-like smell?... there's really no negatives that i know of.

Does it apply OK over carnauba wax (before that goes away)?

>Hydro also helps your drying MF towel glide smoothly (like a lubricant) preventing towel haze.<

I use "the absorber" for drying, not a MF towel. It's a PVA (Poly Vinyl Alcohol) material that works much like a chamois. Would that work with Hydro or would I need to switch to a MF towel?

from what i can see, Hydro attaches well to other polymers, but does not

stick very well to carnauba. it tends to wear off faster, but it did last a

good 2 weeks if it was rain-only. the area where i used shampoo just

slipped off. now im not sure if it was the hydro not attaching well or

the carnauba itself just washing off. or if it was the carnauba left on there.

i would not use hydro over carnauba.

you're fine with the absorber or even a terry towel. i would stay away from

natural chamois as the pores get clogged up easily and starts to streak.

plus, imho, you shouldn't do any 'wiping' with a chamois... that's more for

blot drying and with Hydro, you have to wipe.

best would be MF drying towels such as waffle weave or even Griot's

thick MF towels. if you only have a chamois you can blot dry then

use another towel to apply Hydro on the dry panels. works just as

well, just a 2 step process. :cool:

Do you spray this on the wheels or apply with a applicator or terry towel? Remove the wheels before applying? I would think that putting any kind of sealant or wax on the brakes could be a bad thing. Anyhow, I think I will order a bottle of this to try it out. I used to use meguiars qd after every wash, but it takes too long to do every time and the results were unimpressive. I don't think this will replace regular polishing and waxing, but would be a great thing that keep your wax fresh and give a little extra shine and protection from each wash. I hope it layers well on top of wolfgang though.

Do you spray this on the wheels or apply with a applicator or terry towel? Remove the wheels before applying? I would think that putting any kind of sealant or wax on the brakes could be a bad thing. Anyhow, I think I will order a bottle of this to try it out. I used to use meguiars qd after every wash, but it takes too long to do every time and the results were unimpressive. I don't think this will replace regular polishing and waxing, but would be a great thing that keep your wax fresh and give a little extra shine and protection from each wash. I hope it layers well on top of wolfgang though.

i clean the wheels first, then apply Hydro onto my applicator and wipe on.

so no, i do not spray it onto my wheels unless they are off the car awaiting

storage. then i would spray it and wipe them clean before putting them on my

wheel rack. :) recently i switched over to their Prima WheelShield aka roach

juice. :lol:

and yah, that father's day sale probably ended on Friday. :redface:

so did any of you guys take advantage of the DP's Father's Day special with

the waffle weave towels to go with your Hydro? :)

happy father's day!

I bought my waffle weave and Hydro a month ago, finally managed to apply it on Father's Day...very pleased with the results!:) Got it from Coopersport.ca which were very easy to deal with...cheap and fast shipping.

Guest Gitster
Im thinking the Fathers Day special was maybe only leading up to Fathers Day??? If you ordered it On Fathers Day, it probably wouldnt arrive by Fathers Day ;);)

They have a page up for fathers day specials (http://detailersparadise.com/_system/_advancedstore/qryproductlist.asp?categoryid=O718-E192168000050-O051-F20060425132451) but no hydro on that page anywhere. I already have a meguiars waffle weave and two other mf drying towels anyways (now delegated to dusting), I'll just order the hydro and test it out but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. A free waffle weave is always nice,

I bought my waffle weave and Hydro a month ago, finally managed to apply it on Father's Day...very pleased with the results!:) Got it from Coopersport.ca which were very easy to deal with...cheap and fast shipping.

nice nice nice! :cool: yah, i hear they're very good over there at coopersport.ca.

for canadans, highly recommended! none of that 2 week mail service customs

delay crap.

They have a page up for fathers day specials (http://detailersparadise.com/_system/_advancedstore/qryproductlist.asp?categoryid=O718-E192168000050-O051-F20060425132451) but no hydro on that page anywhere. I already have a meguiars waffle weave and two other mf drying towels anyways (now delegated to dusting), I'll just order the hydro and test it out but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. A free waffle weave is always nice,

yah, that was for the waffle weave. keep an eye open for sales too cause

every now and then they do sales. :)

I ordered the hydro yesterday, I also picked up the glass cleaner and towel. I went ahead and got a waffle weave to try it against the tiny meguiars. I'll post pics when I get the product and do a wash. I know I've been touting these all over the place today but here is what the car looks like pre hydro http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1223488

I ordered the hydro yesterday, I also picked up the glass cleaner and towel. I went ahead and got a waffle weave to try it against the tiny meguiars. I'll post pics when I get the product and do a wash. I know I've been touting these all over the place today but here is what the car looks like pre hydro http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1223488

daamnn!!! your car looks good! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I used the hydro on my wifes car the other day. Now I can't really give it much of a review because the car hasn't been driven since its last full detail almost a month ago so the polish, cleaner, and sealant are still shining nicely. I just wanted to take it out to wash the dust off and test the hydro as I am planning to put it on my car for regular maintenance once it gets detailed.

I can definitely say it is the easiest spray wax product I have used. Wash, Spray and Dry. Couldn't be easier. It does bead nicely, but I think it may have actually blurred the NXT that was on it before.

I will apply it today to a test subject that I always use for testing new products which just got polished and a coat on wolfgang sealant last night.

Archived