LegacyGT.com

Installed the Tein Comfort Sports

bigbutt

Oh, no. KW's ride is very compliant. Actually too cushy. SpecB Bilsteins feel more sporty, while they have bit more initial bump harshness, they also have slightly faster steering response (probably due to soft stock top hats I put on KWs vs JDM top hats on Bilsteins) and bit faster damping.

What do you have your shocks set at? I thought the 8 front and 10 rear was too harsh. Did you think of trying your jdm tophats?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, no. KW's ride is very compliant. Actually too cushy. SpecB Bilsteins feel more sporty, while they have bit more initial bump harshness, they also have slightly faster steering response (probably due to soft stock top hats I put on KWs vs JDM top hats on Bilsteins) and bit faster damping.

Oh hell, I must be a pansy then. I though the MR OBs were supposed to be the most comfortable among the KWs and regular MRs. And I am leaning towards thinking the OBs are too harsh.

I think some of the the differences in opinions may be due the roads we all drive on. unclemat and I are both from NJ, which has some nasty roads. You So Cal and Florida folks have a different concept of "bumps" than we do
So you mean we have better weather and better roads? You guys really need to move out here!!:lol:
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

:( I have bought (don't install it yet) slightly used Prova suspencion from japan yahoo auction, but unfortunally it doesn't have the system like Teine EDFC...and it cost me a lot...imho it is very convenient to regulate stiffness from the seat without stopping a car...

anyone know how these would stand up to the hks luxury coilovers? I'm looking for some for street driving only. would these ride softer then a set of aftermarket springs? I currently have progress springs that have a nice drop, but I'm looking for something with the drop and a more luxury ride.

anyone know how these would stand up to the hks luxury coilovers? I'm looking for some for street driving only. would these ride softer then a set of aftermarket springs? I currently have progress springs that have a nice drop, but I'm looking for something with the drop and a more luxury ride.

Unforunately I can't help you with the comparison to the HKSs.

I am really pleased with the ride- I still have not changed the dampening from 6 from the softest setting as the ride is not harsh by any means.

Like you I was looking for a street set-up with a comfortable ride and the ability to adjust the ride height and ride quality.

After 4 weeks I am really pleased with my choice. This past week I put on almost a 1000 km (600 miles) and I have no compliant ablout the ride quality.

• 1 month later...
i'm guessing on the ends of the spectrum we have tein comfort and kw for comfort... and then tein flex for sheer performance on the other end...... and megan somewhere in between?
car for sale. PM me!

i'm guessing on the ends of the spectrum we have tein comfort and kw for comfort... and then tein flex for sheer performance on the other end...... and megan somewhere in between?

The Tein Comfort Sports and the KW V2's would be the best choices for an LGT owner looking to lower their car and improve handling while retaining as much of the stock ride quality as possible. If significant lowering is not a priority, then the MR Outback spec coilovers will achieve the same basic results. The MR LGT spec coilovers are more similar to the Tein Flex, but IMHO ride much better, while the Teins handle a bit more sharply. Both will ride more firmly than stock, but the MR's in particular are still civil. Both up the handling ante considerably over stock. Aside from the Tein Comfort Sports, I have owned and run all the aforementioned sets on my car, so I am speaking from my personal experience.

The Tein Comfort Sports and the KW V2's would be the best choices for an LGT owner looking to lower their car and improve handling while retaining as much of the stock ride quality as possible. If significant lowering is not a priority, then the MR Outback spec coilovers will achieve the same basic results. The MR LGT spec coilovers are more similar to the Tein Flex, but IMHO ride much better, while the Teins handle a bit more sharply. Both will ride more firmly than stock, but the MR's in particular are still civil. Both up the handling ante considerably over stock. Aside from the Tein Comfort Sports, I have owned and run all the aforementioned sets on my car, so I am speaking from my personal experience.

Boostjunkie, Where do the tein basics fit into this spread???

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Boostjunkie, Where do the tein basics fit into this spread???

More towards the KW V2 and Tein Comfort Sport side of sporty but comfortable. The Basics obviously do not offer adjustable damping and the dampers are not quite as sophisticated as those in the higher priced Comfort Sports or the KW. Still a good performing option at a nice price.

But don't think the KWs in any way are not a performance coil-over. They make the car very stable and corner well. They can be firmed up(by adjusting the damper) when you need them to be. So you can have the best both worlds when you need them.

Don't forget RSR Sports I. I am very happy with hight and ride.

I will check with track impression later.

I'll put in my two-cents and say that something with progressive springs is very nice for around town driving on bumpy roads, where it will feel pretty soft, because once you hit a good windy road they will feel rock solid through the corners... Just something to consider.

hey...just wondering if anyone ever have this idea...

with Tein Flex's original spring setup @ 8kg/mm at front n 9kg/mm @ back...move down to 6kg/mm frt and 7kg/mm(max spring rate drop, and as a matter of fact, JDM tein flex for BL-chassis B4 uses 6kg/mm front n rear)...I have been asking Tein USA if this adjustment will be okay or no, and apprently they gave me a green light

this is exactly what I'm going to do as the original springs are not that easy to live with....and even w/ this softer spring, I can always play around w/ spring preload and dampening adjustment to achieve the same purpose as hard springs

alan

UPDATE

just got my softer springs(frt 6k, rear 7k) and spent 2~3 hrs to swap with the previous springs @ home...now ride quality is only a little(very very little) harsher than the comfort sports...as for handling feedback it was about the same(I haven't really dig into the dampening adjustment yet, now running with a tap or 2 softer than what tein had suggested with the 8k/9k springs)...and going to redo the height adjustment and alignment at the upcomming week

all the feedback was pretty obvious as my neigborhood is still under construction n there are rough bumps and sewer cover everywhere

alan

Archived