LegacyGT.com

07 spec.B Headed to The Dealership for "The Dip" - Advice?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$45k with tax and all options, will be more like $60k when financing is over :)

i knew you would say that. let me do the breakdown

retail for a spec b in the usa is $33,995

retail for a spec b in canada is $44,995

right now they have $7,000 off special offer. Which brings the car down to $37,995, + $1800 extended warranty, block heater, pdi, destination, air and tire tax, 12% sales tax etc etc.

all said and done, with buying one in the states, driving it back, and paying border fees + us/can $ conversion id be approximatly $3000-4000 ahead (partly because i wouldnt have paid $2000 for extra warranty)

HOWEVER, would not have 6 year 140,000km warranty, and have to pay out of pocket for any warranty issues in the standard 36 month warranty.

So Im quite content :)

• 3 years later...
I was so happy with the 08 spec b that I just got but I have to admit I am joining studder/hesitation club. I think it's worse at s# and it seems as if it only happens when at wot. Back down a little, say 70% and it's smooth as butter. Can someone please sum up gazzilion pages in 256 threads that I have found on 12 seperate forums and give me a possible first steps in diagnosing, fixing problem. Dealer ECU flash or AP. People with TDC Stage 1 base map report succes in getting rid of this shit. Can I load this map with AP??? I am sorry I know I am a noob and ask questions that werre discussed million times over but I just spend 3 nights reading through shit load of threads and my brain is fried at this point. Any help appreciated

I was so happy with the 08 spec b that I just got but I have to admit I am joining studder/hesitation club. I think it's worse at s# and it seems as if it only happens when at wot. Back down a little, say 70% and it's smooth as butter. Can someone please sum up gazzilion pages in 256 threads that I have found on 12 seperate forums and give me a possible first steps in diagnosing, fixing problem. Dealer ECU flash or AP. People with TDC Stage 1 base map report succes in getting rid of this shit. Can I load this map with AP??? I am sorry I know I am a noob and ask questions that werre discussed million times over but I just spend 3 nights reading through shit load of threads and my brain is fried at this point. Any help appreciated

Cliff notes:

Dealer flash - Some have success with it, others do not.

Cobb AP - Some have success with it, others do not.

TDC Stage 1 - Many have success with it, still others do not.

Good Stage 1 protune done on a 4-wheel dyno or road tune, everyone has success with it.

This is a tuning problem from Subaru that they acknowledge, but can't seem to fix. If memory serves, the Spec Bs had a better success rate with the dealer reflash then the 5MT LGTs did. I got mine pro-tuned on a dyno (and added stage 2 goodies) and have not looked back. The stutter is gone and I've been VERY happy for almost 60K miles.

Archived