LegacyGT.com

Complete Legacy Wiring Info

AlpineLegacy06

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, do you know if Subuaru uses a turn signal relay for their turn signals? Or is it integrated into the PCM?

I'm asking because I'd like to do LEDs for the Brake, Turn, and Parking Lamps.

With the turn signals, it'll go into rapid-flash-lamp-out mode if you replace the incandescent bulbs with LEDs. I'd like to get a LED friendly relay instead of adding load resistors.

If it is a relay, do you know where it is, and what's the part number?

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Parking Brake (-) gray (handle or driver's kick panel, rear harness)

Props for a good thread! Saved me tons of time otherwise! (And not having to pull out the center console to get to the e-brake lever was awesome.) :cool:

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would add this in case anyone else ran into the problem I did. All I wanted to know was if the trunk pop was a negative or positive pulse, but I was confused after reading the above comments. I went ahead and tested it and it works perfectly set up as a 5-wire (negative pulse). Refer to the top illustration in this diagram:

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/26500_LEGACY_5-WIRE%20TRUNK%20RELEASE%20DIAGRAM.pdf

Edited by addicted4life

• 1 month later...
Do you know if the wiring that goes to the exterior mirrors is a wiring harness or if I have to take the door panel off to replace the whole side mirror? Mine got fragged by some debris on the highway yesterday. mirror shattered, turn signal blown off and frame cracked.

Wrong place to post it, will have more luck posting in the general forum. Sorry for the breaking of it. Fwiw the other side will be almost the same. It's definitely harnessed at some point, not sure where. Might want to check the electronic folding mirror thread too.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm trying to hard wire my Garmin GPS system into the dome light area of my 2011 Legacy 3.6RL and I've done some initial poking around with those wires. I'm looking for a power wire that becomes live once a door is opened and stays hot until the dome lights finally dim out once the key is pulled. I've done this before with my Audi and VWs, but I was wondering if people have messed around enough with these cars to know what Subaru likes to use in that situation.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

thanks for posting this... anyone ever taken the gauge cluster off to tap into a tach signal? if so anyone wanna share.. or point me toward a thread that has it.. yes I did search and there are about 1000 threads that have tach/wiring etc in em :)

thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys, this is all the wiring information for 2005+ Subaru Legacy 2.5i/Limited/GT models for those looking to do any electrical mods.

If you are installing a remote start system, you would need a bypass (DEI 556UW), this bypass would require you to sacrifice one of your keys in order for remote start to work. I highly recommend having a professional technician work on any electrical component in your car, if precautions are not taken your car could be left incapacitated. If you need any help, I'm an install technician and be glad to answer your questions.

Wiring diagram for installing alarms, remote starts, keyless entry, hardwiring radar detectors, etc.:

Key:

Ignition harness = bundle of thick gauged wires running from the ignition coil to the BCM

BIU = Body Integrated Unit, black box located to the right of the steering column with 3 plugs coming out of it

(+) or (-) = Indicate the pulse of the wire, + means it's positive with 12volts, - means it's negative with ground

ECM = Electronic Control Module, silver box located behind the glove box

Note: When tapping onto wires, make sure you use a multimeter to check to see if you have the right wire.

12volts (+) white (ignition harness)

Starter (+) white/black (ignition harness)

Ignition (+) green (ignition harness)

2nd Ignition (+) blue (ignition harness)

Accessory (+) yellow (ignition harness)

Keysense (+) black/white (ignition harness or BIU, 28 pin plug, pin 7)

Power Lock (-) brown/white (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 15)

Power Unlock (-) brown/black (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 29)

Lock Motor (5-wire) lt green/yellow (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 7)

Unlock Motor (5-wire) red/green to lt green (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 23)

Parking Lights (+) orange (steering column)

Parking Lights (-) black/white (lighting switch)

Hazards (-) green to purple/black (turn signal and hazard module)

Turn Signal(L) (+) blue/yellow (turn signal and hazard module)

Turn Signal ® (+) red/yellow (turn signal and hazard module)

Reverse Light (+) brown/yellow (passenger kick panel, rear harness)

Door Trigger (-) (BIU, 35 pin plug):LF - blue/white (pin 19)

RF - blue/orange (pin 32)

LR - yellow (pin 31)

RR - white/red (pin 18)

Note: Use All four wires and diode isolate each.

Dome Supervision (-) brown (BIU, 30 pin plug, pin 3)

Trunk Pin (-) lt green/black (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 17)

Trunk Release (5-wire) white/black (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 22)

Factory Alarm Arm (-) brown (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 3)

Factory Alarm Disarm (-) yellow/red (BIU, 35 pin plug, pin 12)

Tachometer (AC) (ECM or gauge cluster):

2.5i/Limited - pink to red/white (35 pin plug, pin 22)

GT - pink to red/white (34 pin plug, pin 23)

Note: Can also be found under the hood at the fuel injector plugs, the wire that is not blue/black, red, or yellow/blue out of 2 wires on each plug.

Brake Wire (+) brown/white (brake pedal switch)

Parking Brake (-) gray (handle or driver's kick panel, rear harness)

Horn Trigger (-) red to red/white (BIU, 30 pin plug, pin 11)

Speed Sense (AC) green/black (ABS control module or gauge cluster)

Wiring Diagram for installing an aftermarket headunit, 4ch/2ch/mono amplifier, etc.:

Note: All wires are located at the radio harness, it's the white plug behind the radio.

12volts (+) blue/red

Ground (-) black

Ignition (+) yellow/red

Illumination (+) purple

Power Antenna (+) yellow/black

LF (+) brown/white

LF (-) green

RF (+) red/yellow

RF (-) white/black

LR (+) white/red

LR (-) red/black

RR (+) blue/yellow

RR (-) red/white

Question for you. I did NOT have to give up a key. However my alarm is suppose to turn the headlights on for 30 seconds when Arming the vehicle. Problem, we can't figure out why it isn't. Have you had any issues with this. I have been trying to find this for a while. We believe it has to do with the DRL function.

I get this is a really old thread but still curious. I have a 09 Legacy i

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I was doing something with my 06 Legacy GT and I have no idea what happened and or I don't remember what happened. I'm not sure if it's a fuse, a relay or some sort of other electrical component, my aftermarket radio gets power but I have to select the source or the power button to turn it on and my radio resets every time the car is turned off, my radio doesn't remember, I have to set the radio station every time I drive my car. I had to splice red wire into the hello wire to get the radio andthe ac/heater to work, I don't have the option to do red to red and yellow to yellow, if I do that then I get no radio at all.