LegacyGT.com

Getting salt out of carpets

Well even after using caution and using winter mats, I've still accumulated a ton of salt into the carpets itself.

What would be the best way to get this out of the carpet? A shampoo of some sort? just water?

Also what do you guys use to clean the dash of dust? I dont really like the greasyness of the armor all.

I use lexol leather cleaner(mainly because I am to lazy to goto the store and buy some real dash cleaner). The finish IMO is pretty good, not to greasy but still has a little sparkle. (yeah I am lazy)

I just put my mats in the washing machine (cold/cold)... they come out good as new, ableit a bit frayed around the edges (minimal). You would never notice unless you took the mats out to inspect them...

Swiffer dusters do a great job on the dash but for cleaning/protecting I'm planning on getting some 303 protectant and Prima Nero for the non-glossy look.

^^^

:lol:

I've just sprayed them down with water, liberally, and then let them dry. Worked just fine. Used a little Woolite to spot clean as necessary.

I'm going to try the Poorboy's Natural Look Dressing on the dash, but I've usually just used a microfiber to dust up every so often to keep it clean. Only trying the PB Dressing for the UV protection. I'm hoping it's as flat as they claim, because I agree that I hate the greasy look of Armor-all and others.

I buy a special "Salt Stain Remover" liquid from my local auto store (Canadian Tire). Sorry, forget the brand, but it works really well...just spray on, work in with a brush then rinse using a wet cloth.

For dash I use Endust aerosol spray....no greasy look.

• 1 month later...

Also what do you guys use to clean the dash of dust? I dont really like the greasyness of the armor all.

Just bought and tried some Next Dimension Spray Polish & Cleaner off eBay for about $7.xx per can bfore shipping. My understanding is that this is the product that used to be licenced to Honda for their famous and very much loved (in these forums) Honday Spray Polish and Cleaner. This stuff is very good. It cleans up surfaces beautifully- even marks I thought were more or less permanent with a little elbow grease.

You say you don't like the greasyness of Armor All. I never have either. Next Dimension leaves a pretty much matte finish, without any leftover sheen. If you search these forums for the Honda product and see how much people love the stuff, it should convince you to give Next Dimension (or I think you can still find some of the Honda Product with its lemony scent) a try!

One poster said that he even used it on his $4000 leather sofa. I did the same last night for kicks (yah, no life) and it works great!

i recently cleaned my carpet (around the a/s floor matt) that had dirt and salt

using Griot's InteriorCleaner.

i used a plastic hard bristle brush to agitate, then wiped off with paper towels.

turned out great. car looks like new.

For the salt, you just need any carpet cleaning solution and/or water. I like the prestone stuff too. Whatever you use, you will need a brush to agitate it and a vacumm to suck up the salt and cleaner.

For the dash, I just dust it off with a microfiber every time I wash, and apply some 303 aerospace protectant when I do my interior cleaning which is usually monthly the night before I wax. I just picked up some meguiars quik interior detailer and it worked decently (has a nice smell anyhow). I think it has helped to repel some dust as well. If you wipe the 303 off with your towel before it dries on there it will not be greasy at all and the meguiars quik interior detailer will not leave any shine.

Archived