LegacyGT.com

badass s2000

that s2k is probably dead reliable with a drivetrain that beastly

No way. Once you've seen a couple dozen projects similar to this run around for a year or two you will know what I mean. No one puts a car together better than the factory. And the factory isn't perfect either but at least they are working with the same brand new parts day after day under ideal and controlled conditions using the best tools money can buy.

BTW, one of my other car forums found this.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/2jz+s2000/0/09229355-dd6d-49ae-83aa-987d0007d017.htm

that is a different one, but its the same people who built this one i believe

i still dont know why you think the motor wont be reliable. turn the boost down to "only" 600hp and i doubt you will see many problems.

my friends na-t on stock block put down 496whp and ran perfectly fine for 3+ years before he sold it

the 2jzgte block is even stronger than the 2jzge, 700whp can be had on the stock internals. another one of my friends has a 94tt converted to a single t88 and layed down 640whp. its never had any problems for about 2 years now

i still dont know why you think the motor wont be reliable. turn the boost down to "only" 600hp and i doubt you will see many problems.

I'm not saying the motor will blow up eventually. What I'm talking about is the nuts and bolts that find a way to back themselves out. Or the wiring harness that manages to fall on the exhaust manifold or pipe. More common problems include intake and exhaust leaks that tend to cause hard starts or stalling. Wiring or hoses that rub on something and fail, etc. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of home made parts that probably aren't built to Honda's or Toyota's standards as well.

BTW, there are several things I mentioned above that could blow up a motor.

Still, I would love to have this car. And I'm well aware of the robust nature of this motor. :)

I have never seen a car with a turbo the size of the GT45 with such a small diameter muffler (single muffler too).

I was thinking the same thing...all that mod effort + and all that power coming out, and leaving such puny pipes :confused: .

Maybe the restriction is intentional, and suits it/tames it a little :confused: .

I'm not saying the motor will blow up eventually. What I'm talking about is the nuts and bolts that find a way to back themselves out. Or the wiring harness that manages to fall on the exhaust manifold or pipe. More common problems include intake and exhaust leaks that tend to cause hard starts or stalling. Wiring or hoses that rub on something and fail, etc. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of home made parts that probably aren't built to Honda's or Toyota's standards as well.

ahh i see...but hopefully they did a good job

ive done several swaps in honda's...k series, b series, h...etc. ive never had any problems as long as you take your time when putting it together

Archived