LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT?

my 1995 honda accord has 219,000 miles on it and still running strong and only thing I had to replace was fan temp switch (switch that turns the front fan on). My buddy has an accord that has 331,000 still running strong too. His is stick and mine is automatic.

Just make sure you change the oil every 4k VW has had these issues for a while;)

My mother has a 06 turbo Beetle & she changes her oil every 4k. If I remember correctly VW suggests oil changes every 7k......:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Lets see here.

19,600mi on the car now.

Stage 1 @ 15,000mi

Avg. per year : 9,800mi

Avg. per month : 817mi

oil changes every 3500mi

Planning on running this one into the ground.

No issues with the car (knock on wood), no burnt out headlights (solved with HIDs) and of course Stage 2 coming up soon.

So this is kinda off topic, but speaking of high mileage... I love this story and it's totally true.

My dad's best friend is a Priest in Mexico. He drove an old Mazda RX-7 (late 80's I think) for years that he bought used and he never really cared much about cars. He was a mentor to troubled kids and was very involved in preventing gang violence, etc, and he ran a home for gang members who would otherwise go to jail. He says all he ever had done to the car was that these kids would regularly change the oil every 3K miles, and service the brakes, tires, etc. when needed. He never really paid any attention. They took many trips in it up to Nebraska where there is some youth program or something. (He tells long winded stories...unfortunately, so do I...)

Anyways, so in like '95 a friend borrows his car and notices that there are 380,000+ miles on the car. He tells the priest that this is freaking incredible and he should write a letter to Mazda. After weeks of being hounded by this friend, he finally writes a letter and sends it off. Then, like 4 weeks later he gets this letter from Mazda that says basically, "we thank you for your enthusiasm and dedication and hope that you continue to enjoy your car blah blah..." and enclosed in the envelope is a keychain.

So this friend is totally irate and says he wants to see this letter that he sent to Mazda. So he looks at the letter and it says "blah blah blah.... have a little over 38000 miles on the car and it is still running." :lol:

Anyways, he never wrote again, but that's the story. I love that story, it makes me laugh every time.

A story about a priest and troubled kids and that's the best you could come up with?

ouch ... I knew that topic was going to surface when I reread my post. :rolleyes:

to my knowledge, the priest was nothing like Jesus Quintana. :icon_bigg

http://www.cracked.com/img/articles/spinoff/jesus.jpg

60 miles a day, OUCH! At least its a fun 60 miles :)

I used to do 150 miles a day commute. Now it's ONLY 80 miles a day.

The long commute was actually more fun than the short one. I used to drive on mountain roads and get to watch U-2 take off and land.

Archived