LegacyGT.com

My BIG Accident

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off, glad you are OK and sorry for the loss. But do you both have the same insurance company? If not you are more likely to have things go in your favor since they will fight not to pay. A year ago a friend of mine got in a similar accident; he was going down a main road and a woman crossed in front of him to go the other direction. She didn't allow enough time for her to cross or him to stop so she was sighted at the scene. Because of that his insurance company was all over the other insurer to cover the loss to his vehicle. He too was speeding but the officer indicated that speed was not the cause of the accident; but he didn't get a ticket for speeding either. Good luck and defiantely talk to insurance and if they don't seem receptive look into legal help.

First off, glad you are OK and sorry for the loss. But do you both have the same insurance company? If not you are more likely to have things go in your favor since they will fight not to pay. A year ago a friend of mine got in a similar accident; he was going down a main road and a woman crossed in front of him to go the other direction. She didn't allow enough time for her to cross or him to stop so she was sighted at the scene. Because of that his insurance company was all over the other insurer to cover the loss to his vehicle. He too was speeding but the officer indicated that speed was not the cause of the accident; but he didn't get a ticket for speeding either. Good luck and defiantely talk to insurance and if they don't seem receptive look into legal help.

thx guys, but i got a speeding ticket, that y my lawyer said we are both at fault, chance are wining over 50% or not.....

I have AAA , she has Geico.

If i can win over 60% over 40% in this case, i may gonna get thr 2008 legacy gt,,otherwise, i may have to look into lower class like Honda Fit....

Sorry about the accident. As you might have seen I had 2 accidents in a months time and my car has been totalled. Yours looks alot worse than mine did and I am glad your ok. I am looking for a new car right now and I think another legacy is in my future. No turbo this time. Too tempting to tune and premium fuel is a killer. Good luck.

thx guys, but i got a speeding ticket, that y my lawyer said we are both at fault, chance are wining over 50% or not.....

I have AAA , she has Geico.

If i can win over 60% over 40% in this case, i may gonna get thr 2008 legacy gt,,otherwise, i may have to look into lower class like Honda Fit....

Sorry for your loss. Glad you are ok.

Now for the bad news. :(

My wife used to be a insurance agent for State Farm (got a new job a week ago). She said the two worse companies to get money from are Progressive and Geico. She had a person that had Geico that hit one of her insured. Police Report and Geico has admitted their insured was at fault, but a year later they still have not paid their share of the claim. I hope you have better luck then them.

what do u mean i wont get 50%??? i feel very bad right now.

yes, the other side got a ticket for right of way....

thx guys....

To WRX-LGT.

yes that is the Genome Grill....:(

No disrespect dude. I really feel for you. Hope you get better. Its just that the speeding ticket is the X factor in this and it can go against you. If its any consolation Geico sucks :)

This is a bad season for drivers it seems. I had a left green arrow across a large intersection and this van on the other side makes a right turn right in front of me (not even stopping for the red light she had)... I was doing ~30 at the time and she was doing less than 5, and did not accellerate when she got on the road.

It was right before an interstate merge, and she got in the lane I needed to be in, so (as she was barely doing above 10MPH by now) I decided to go around her. As I do this, she suddenly decides she wants to get in the lane I was passing her in - I barely squeezed between the van and the guardrail - I'd say about 4 inches clearance on the left and a foot on the right. Not once did she use a blinker (though, admittedly I did not use the blinker to pass her - like it would have done any good anyway).

when you see a woman on the road, it automatically means Hazard sign in RED

This is a bad season for drivers it seems. I had a left green arrow across a large intersection and this van on the other side makes a right turn right in front of me (not even stopping for the red light she had)... I was doing ~30 at the time and she was doing less than 5, and did not accellerate when she got on the road.

It was right before an interstate merge, and she got in the lane I needed to be in, so (as she was barely doing above 10MPH by now) I decided to go around her. As I do this, she suddenly decides she wants to get in the lane I was passing her in - I barely squeezed between the van and the guardrail - I'd say about 4 inches clearance on the left and a foot on the right. Not once did she use a blinker (though, admittedly I did not use the blinker to pass her - like it would have done any good anyway).

Archived