LegacyGT.com

COBB (Stoptech) Front and Rear Install Thread

praedet

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the wheels that will cover them. Already measured and I won't have any clearance problems. No spacers required :D

I hope to get the tires mounted today, and then PGT is sending me some McGards. As soon as the arrive I can start the install. I think this will be VERY nice.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Prodrive%20GC-05F/17x8ProdriveGC-05F1.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Prodrive%20GC-05F/17x8ProdriveGC-05F2.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Prodrive%20GC-05F/17x8ProdriveGC-05F3.jpg

Here is the picture that originally sold me on a Legacy Wagon in white. I know mine will be 17s and these are 18s, but...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Prodrive%20GC-05F/Prodrvie.jpg

:spin:

Oh man........ For as hard as it is to dress a white car in countermeasures, I still have a weak-spot in my heart for white.

That's gonna look niiiiiiiiiice. Can't wait for you to get those on.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Those Corazons are awesome...if you do get them, please let us know how they sound. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

front and rear? Same size rotors? What does this do to brake balance? And do you lose use of your ebrake?

You don't lose your ebrake, just like the LGT, there is a rear hub that uses drum brakes for the ebrake. The piston sizes are setup in such a way so that you don't lose your brake balance. The M3 has EBD any (electronic brake distribution), so it really doesn't affect it.

You don't lose your ebrake, just like the LGT, there is a rear hub that uses drum brakes for the ebrake. The piston sizes are setup in such a way so that you don't lose your brake balance. The M3 has EBD any (electronic brake distribution), so it really doesn't affect it.[/QUOTE]

Don't let Praedet hear you say this!

Ha, yeah, but it is a question of the logic within our EBD that has me still worrying about Brake bias :lol:

That is why I checked the piston sizes before getting my kit :D

We have 8-18" coming tonigh through tomorrow. So I will have time to do the install while I am snowed in :lol:

Ha, yeah, but it is a question of the logic within our EBD that has me still worrying about Brake bias :lol:

That is why I checked the piston sizes before getting my kit :D

We have 8-18" coming tonigh through tomorrow. So I will have time to do the install while I am snowed in :lol:

BMW programming > Subaru programming?

Say it ain't so! iDrive gives me doubts...

I can't tune a radio and drive. I've got a couple of friends with BMWs and iDrive who are equally impaired. None can stand it. I hate German radios. Too many buttons, and iDrive just makes it worse.

Simplify, simplify, simplify. Form follows function. Not the other way around. The German car makers have lost their way.

BTW, I'm a Luddite by nature.

So, I have a little time to talk about the install. It went well overall, with a few problems...

The ones I expected were dealing w/ the brakelines. I did brake lines about a year ago, and had a lot of trouble then. The flare nut wrench we used was crap, so some of the nuts rounded. This time I had a good wrench :D Since some rounded in the past though, I actually had to tap the wrench on the nut in a few cases. works well for braking loose the nut, but then you have to get it back off which is harder:(

The directions from Stoptech were good, and now the only issue is a clearance problem on the driver's front w/ the dust shield. You keep the front dust shields and remove the rear. But, I apparently didn't bend the shield enough and it made contact once I got about 1/2 through bedding. So I will be fixing that this morning.

Overall, the feel is roughly the same as what I had before. These pads have slightly more bite than the SS-Ms I was using. At high speeds is where this set-up shines, and repeated stops. I will be testing it out w/ Keefe in June, running Bobcat XP12s and XP10s at the track :D

I am going to wash it and get some whole car pics up now

Archived