LegacyGT.com

COBB (Stoptech) Front and Rear Install Thread

praedet

Yeah, I will just use the parking brake for parking :lol:

The DBAs were sold to another forum member when I put on the Racing Brake 316mm rear kit. Now that will be sold too :lol:

Sadly, I think the install willnot happen till next week :(

:spin:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And sadly, no, I won't be putting them on tonight. I am waiting on the spacers to come in, and some tools for the install. I promise to do them as quickly as possible mwiener :D

I'm just ancy... I'm pretty sure my rear pads havn't touched the rotors since i put the front brembos on. I'm waiting on paint and stuff too, so it's not like I could put them on if they came tomorrow anyways.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Hmm, it's probably in one of your other threads, but what's your wheel size and offset?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dude, your wife lets you put car-parts on carpeting? :eek:

Note-to-self - find out when praedet is ordering parts, and camp-out on his door-step.

"Sure, I'm Ted - I'll sign for it....."

:lol:

Drool.........

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^^^They're clean, that is the only reason :lol:

I have 17x8 5zigen FN01R-Cs with a +48 offset right now. I will be adding a 3mm spacer to clear the front brakes. But, my Stock rims (winter) will go to be replaced by Rota Boost's or Grids, and then my Summer rims will be replaced by SSR Type-Cs or Gram Light 57Fs...

:spin:

This may be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. :)

How do you go about figuring out if you will have enough clearance? Say you have 18x8 +48 wheels, that doesn't really give you any info on the inside clearance dimensions of the wheel. Do you just research to find specs on the wheel and compare w/ specs on the BBK?

This kit looks really nice. Can't wait for the install and review.

Yeah, Meridian DSP 8000 speakers front, center and rear would be like $140,000, but they're really good! I guess my amazement is more that the money seems like quite a bit relative to the value of the vehicle.

^ Hey, now....hey now!

So what if my flashlights cost more than my house! :p:lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My deceased brother in law had $30k in stereo equipment and lived in a cinderblock tenement in a flood zone (free rent from his parents) that was in an amazingly high crime neighborhood in Indy. And he drove a 750iL (bought 2 years old). It's amazing what you can rationalize if you try.

I have a similar stoptech kit on my M3 which uses 355mm rotors front and rear, and the difference in fade resistance at the track is dramatic.

http://www.wardphotography.com/temp/_MG_1006.jpg

front and rear? Same size rotors? What does this do to brake balance? And do you lose use of your ebrake?

Archived