LegacyGT.com

COBB (Stoptech) Front and Rear Install Thread

praedet

Okay, I think my clearance is fixed :D

I did another bedding in, this time I got all the way through the 10-12 stops...

It is always fun to pull in your garage and see smoke coming from all four corners. I have had the front smoking before, but I think this is the first time I have had the rear smoking that well :lol:

Also, when you are bedding in pads, don't forget that you WILL get fade on the last stop or two. I almost had an interesting encounter because I underestimated how much fade :eek:

:spin:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I've always used Vice Grips for the brake line bolts. No chance of rounding them... :)

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^ SuperhawkLGT - How are you liking your FK452s? especially of-interest to me is how they compare to the F1 GS-D3s in terms of resistance to highway-speed hydroplaning.

Thanks. :)

-----

Sorry for the intrusion, Ted. :redface: Glad you're having fun with your new stoppers! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It is always fun to pull in your garage and see smoke coming from all four corners. I have had the front smoking before, but I think this is the first time I have had the rear smoking that well :lol:

That's a little bit TOO hot.. all you need is a smell, not actual smoke ;)

I wouldnt worry about bedding them in THAT much, the XP12s will be bedded in by the time you get them, and trust me, you'll stop even better with the Hoosiers on.

Keefe

Eagle F1s...

So far they seem nice. :D But, as mentioned by everyone else, they like to throw up rocks :(

You might want to bring some racer's tape or some painter's tape for the track event and tape up your fenders and bumpers (if you don't run any mud guards), if you think Eagle F1s kick up rocks, your Hoosiers may look like my tires from a track day (and these are just Pirelli Corsas):

http://www.rapidimagephotography.com/gallery/albums/Keefe/IMG_0061.sized.jpg

http://www.rapidimagephotography.com/gallery/albums/Keefe/IMG_0062.sized.jpg

http://www.rapidimagephotography.com/gallery/albums/Keefe/IMG_0040.sized.jpg

Keefe

^ SuperhawkLGT - How are you liking your FK452s? especially of-interest to me is how they compare to the F1 GS-D3s in terms of resistance to highway-speed hydroplaning.

Thanks. :)

-----

Sorry for the intrusion, Ted. :redface: Glad you're having fun with your new stoppers! :D

Haven't had much experience yet, just got em on two weeks ago. Tonight was the first night in the rain, haven't even been on the highway yet. So far so good.

^ Cool. Please keep me updated. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't pulled the fuse yet, my bias seems right on though after trying to trip it up by braking hard in non-ideal situations. I haven't had time yet, but I will...

I will be able to try that even more in June at the track day with R-compounds on. I will be running XP12s in front and XP10s in rear then...

:spin:

the LGT still weighs in at 3475 or so lbs (with me in the car).. the XP12s are fine.. it's hard to believe that the M3 (E46 for that matter) to be that much more heavier than the LGT (last time I remember the E46 was around 3700 lbs at the most). Besides, the M3 has a better front to rear balance, so you can stand on the brakes and not have to worry about it as much.. there's a difference between dealing with 60/40 (or for some that lowered the their LGT unevenly using coilovers like me, the best I could do was 58.7/41.3) compared to an M3 being 50/50. Also you're running wider tires, where as the LGT is a lot narrower, there's a lot more work that the brakes have to do on the GT to get similar performance just to deal with what the M3 has to do.
Keefe

the LGT still weighs in at 3475 or so lbs (with me in the car).. hte XP12s are fine.. it's hard to believe that the M3 (E46 for that matter) to be that much more heavier than the LGT. Besides, the M3 has a better front to rear balance, so you can stand on the brakes and not have to worry about it as much.. there's a difference between dealing with 60/40 (or for some that lowered the their LGT unevenly using coilovers like me, the best I could do was 58.7/41.3) compared to an M3 being 50/50. Also you're running wider tires, where as the LGT is a lot smaller, there's a lot more work that the brakes have to do on the GT to get similar performance just to deal with what the M3 has to do.
I didn't realize the LGT weighed that much :confused: , or that the balance was skewed that much towards the front. Did you get your car corner balanced for even side to side handling?

I didn't realize the LGT weighed that much :confused: , or that the balance was skewed that much towards the front. Did you get your car corner balanced for even side to side handling?

That was with his fat#$% in the car! JK:p

• 3 weeks later...

Got to test drive this setup... many thanks to Ted...

Ok, this Cobb setup really exposes the weak point in the LGT braking system... the seatbelts.

Seriously, the feel of the car is COMPLETELY different. Slow speed stopping is a bit touchy, but there is NO mushy feel anymore, stopping is instant, yet linear, especially at speed. Truly a transformative mod for our cars.

I was trying to evaluate the KW setup, but I couldn't get past the braking!

Great car, great setup.

Rob

Archived