LegacyGT.com

well guys i talked about a trade on here b4 and i might go thru with it

i have a 07 2.5i with 10k miles and ive been shopping around for a gt and ive been talkin to this dealer about a trade ..its a 05 gt one owner with 12K on it. its a non limited. since he has alot of legacys on the lot he is talkin about only giving me 17000 for my car and selling his for 19.100 he bought it down from 21.995 .so should i bite?? is it really a down grade with only 12k but no moonroof and no mp3 player and front driver power seat but has 250hp and cool side blinkers lol 07 to 05??? :spin:

YOu'll love the extra power. I had my GT in for service one day and they gave me a 2.5i as a loaner and I was flooring the thing nonstop because i was so used the power. Even flooring the 2.5i doesnt equal close to the GT experience.

What color combo are you looking at on this '05? Thats not too bad of a price considering only $2K out of pocket expenses. Did you carfax the VIN yet?

Go Cardinals!

really?? how more safer are they and how?? isnt it the same body style

they added an extra support beam on the doors for better side impact crash results. I think in 05 it had 4 stars for side impact, but 06 it went up to 5 stars.

Basically safer on side impact crashes.

Someone will correct me if I am woring, but I believe this is what they added. Not too mention a nicer interior for 07. In all honestly I never fel lin love with my 05 interior, the 07 is a notch above.

Just think of it this way, how many times can you really use the added power? I know at first I missed my turbo, but I have gotten used to it, and there a very few times when I wish I had it. I say you going from a new car to a used one is always a downgrade.

X

---

they added an extra support beam on the doors for better side impact crash results. I think in 05 it had 4 stars for side impact, but 06 it went up to 5 stars.

Basically safer on side impact crashes.

Someone will correct me if I am woring, but I believe this is what they added. Not too mention a nicer interior for 07. In all honestly I never fel lin love with my 05 interior, the 07 is a notch above.

Just think of it this way, how many times can you really use the added power? I know at first I missed my turbo, but I have gotten used to it, and there a very few times when I wish I had it. I say you going from a new car to a used one is always a downgrade.

X

O RLY?

AFAIK they redsigned the seat mounted side airbags

X

How often can you use the added power?!

"Everyday" is the answer I give, my friend. There is no comparison from the GT to the 2.5i. The 2.5i is a nice commuter car, no doubt, but it's worlds apart from teh LGT in performance.

My in-laws have an 05 OB and an 05 Legacy wagon and I drive them all the time.

However I completely agree with you on the fact that going from a new car that he paid all the duties, taxes, etc, to get into will quickly be thrown away to get into something older, and with less interior quality and amenities.

Plus he's lighting fire to $2 grand!

The Original Poster should have thought about this route back when it was time to buy the car the first time. But I'm sure he had his reasons....

they added an extra support beam on the doors for better side impact crash results.

Where did you pull this from? Source? It's just redesigned seat air bag, I heard.

Archived