LegacyGT.com

Shell v-power gas?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well good to know that it was useful putting shell in my car all this time.

on my last fillup i put in 20oz of techron injector cleaner and then filled the tank with v-power....could anything bad happen from using injector cleaner on top of the v-power which already has injector cleaner in it? I feel like my MPG has actually gone down with the cleaner in it, though it has only been short term so i cant say for sure.

well good to know that it was useful putting shell in my car all this time.

on my last fillup i put in 20oz of techron injector cleaner and then filled the tank with v-power....could anything bad happen from using injector cleaner on top of the v-power which already has injector cleaner in it? I feel like my MPG has actually gone down with the cleaner in it, though it has only been short term so i cant say for sure.

It's gone down only because the cleaner is in there. Make sure you let this tank go down to the E and then fill up to full again. You'll see the mileage go up.

Shell V-Power is not inherently good gas just because it says Shell V-Power on it. I picked up bad Shell V-Power gas from at least 2 stations here in Lincoln, per my datalogs. I then switched to BP which also now has Invigorate and is a point higher in octane [91 vs 92] and everything has looked a lot better in my logs.

My opinion ... V-Power or BP Invigorate, they are both good, just make sure you fill up from a gas station that gets a fair amount of traffic rather than one off the beaten path which has gas in it's holds who knows how old.

Archived