LegacyGT.com

Borla Perrin Greddy or XO2Racing?

bigb3630123

"Sound the best is very subjective" While I like a low bass note, others perfer a raspier hard edged note. I love the sound of my JIC system, the only other I have heard in person is the STP and Borla. Truthfully I hardly noticed the Borla, barely louder than stock.

"Sound the best is very subjective" While I like a low bass note, others perfer a raspier hard edged note. I love the sound of my JIC system, the only other I have heard in person is the STP and Borla. Truthfully I hardly noticed the Borla, barely louder than stock.

unitl you get on it. I like the borla and spt. Spt is louder in the cabin and really DEEEEP.

Megan Racing is the cheapest new exhuast you can get. From there your looking at $700 and up. You could do a custom exhuast with a performance shop for around $400, but you will not know the sound until your done.:(

unitl you get on it. I like the borla and spt. Spt is louder in the cabin and really DEEEEP.

Megan Racing is the cheapest new exhuast you can get. From there your looking at $700 and up. You could do a custom exhuast with a performance shop for around $400, but you will not know the sound until your done.:(

Exactly! I have a Borla on my miata and it doesn't say much until the throttle is punched. I'd like to eventually get a Borla for my 05 LGT Wagon, but everyone complains they make only one version, and it's too short for the wagon. Any solution or remedies in sight?

Everyone I've talked to said I would get bored with the Borla so I'm kinda looking into the SPT catback now but ugh so many choices haha. Someone should create a page with every exhaust on the LGT... Pictures and sound clips. Would make life so much easier haha.

Actually XO2 racing exhaust is the cheapest you can get, $430 shipped. Heard it in person and loved it.

My goal was a little less than too much, and I accomplished that. My biggest mistake is not trying on the Borla headers when I had the chance. My bro had an '04 WRX and he had the headers on. He got sick of the subie and upgrade to an EVO IX, I didn't know it was the same part at the time or I would have jumped all over it.

about how much bhp does a new exhaust system add? im also considering borla

Well???? If you listen to some of the WRXers on NASIOC, you should expect about 200 extra:lol:

Speed Channel did a test a while back on Mitsubishi, the one similar to an Eagle Talon....they dynoed it and then added a catback and a low res. intake......they gained 18 hp....about 9%......Seems reasonable:rolleyes:

so if i had an AEM COI and borla cat back exhaust, i can expect about how much bhp? 280-290?

With a proper tune, you'd get that much. To the crank...not talking whp.

don't put the CAI on without a tune or your risk f'in up your car...it's not a honda.

"about how much bhp does a new exhaust system add? im also considering borla"

The borla is pretty expensive but i am completely satisfied with it. With the car at idle you hear a barble, and when the revs climb it gets that much better. Power gains are minimal (cat chokes the whole setup). I haven't heard a lot of legacy exhuasts, but it is way better than stock. My brother had a full exhaust on his 04 WRX and cousin with his srt4 (custom exhaust). I couldn't live with that Sh*t if it was mine and neither did they. They got tired of it.

Bro traded his car for a stock evo, and the cuz is looking for a Mazdaspeed 3.

• 3 weeks later...
"about how much bhp does a new exhaust system add? im also considering borla"

The borla is pretty expensive but i am completely satisfied with it. With the car at idle you hear a barble, and when the revs climb it gets that much better. Power gains are minimal (cat chokes the whole setup). I haven't heard a lot of legacy exhuasts, but it is way better than stock. My brother had a full exhaust on his 04 WRX and cousin with his srt4 (custom exhaust). I couldn't live with that Sh*t if it was mine and neither did they. They got tired of it.

Bro traded his car for a stock evo, and the cuz is looking for a Mazdaspeed 3.

A CBE is not your best bang for the buck in terms of power. You'll see more gains on a car with say "stage 2" mods...catless up (05'-'06models) and and aftermarket downpipe (shorty or full).

Boostjunkies car:

Perrin catless downpipe

PDE flex uppipe

Perrin turbo inlet hose

Perrin lightweight crank pulley

Perrin panel filter

Ecutek tune from Harman Motive

240whp/262wtq

Added Megan Racing CBE

243whp/273wtq

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41221&highlight=megan+racing

If you stick with the stock ROM, you can probably put get away with installing an intake such as the AEM. The stock ROM fuel map is really rich. In fact, if you put on the AEM, you will probably lean it out by about 10% which is what a stage 1 map would do anyway. Just stick with 91+ octane because you will eat into the margin built in by Subaru engineers.

The problem with the AEM CAI is for people who are ALREADY running a stage 1 or 2 map which is already lean. Adding the intake without adjusting the MAF table will end up leaning it out another 10% which would result in knock.

The CBE won't do much for peak power. However, I have seen some dyno charts of untuned cars (untuned 2007 model) with CBE and they should additional torque in the 2500-3500 rpm band. Boostjunkie's dyno charts was an OTS stage 2 and he also showed a benefit in that rpm range without customizing his tune for the CBE.

Really... CAI and CBE = more sound plus a small amount of power increase.

If you want power, you will need a proper tune.

Archived