LegacyGT.com

This Emblem

Myogi_Nightkid

[QUOTE=Rexmobbin']oh man, i WANT that car. is that an STi? a part of me almost hopes they don't bring the LGT STi to the states, cause then i'd spend too many days kicking myself in the ass for not waiting. lol[/QUOTE] No kidding. I have a car on order and it arrives in a week or so. I have a friend who knows someone in marketing at SOA in Cherry Hill.....I am desparately trying to get the 'inside' scoop on what plans are ahead for the Legacy to decide whether or not I wait. I can wait six months in order to get NAV and HIDs (if that is even the plan, let along an STI model) :(

[QUOTE=Rexmobbin']oh man, i WANT that car. is that an STi? a part of me almost hopes they don't bring the LGT STi to the states, cause then i'd spend too many days kicking myself in the ass for not waiting. lol[/QUOTE] true but just think how much harder it will be to have self control during the break in peirod. andd they may have some special gt trade in offer for getting an STI. btw i think im just putting it down because i want one just as bad as you do

Will that lip spoiler fit the wagon? It looks like the one RaceComp sells, that is marked 'STi Legacy B4 Front Lip Spoiler'. It looks so much better than the V spec, the way it wraps up on the sides by the wheel well.

I believe that emblem was photoshopped on, actually. It's the WR Limited emblem. There won't be a Legacy STi in the states in the next 6 months, from the people I talked with it doesn't look like it. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='apexjapan']I believe that emblem was photoshopped on, actually. It's the WR Limited emblem. There won't be a Legacy STi in the states in the next 6 months, from the people I talked with it doesn't look like it. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url][/QUOTE] That seems obvious, as we would have heard something by now. Did you get any indication of a general timeframe? 2006 model or 2007 model? I am happy with the LGT as is (maybe a few mods), but it was a hard decision over the WRX STi. The main factor for me was comfort and insurance costs......I am more concerned over the handling and brakes (both are an order of magnitude better on the STI). I would love to have a LGT with handling and brakes on par with an STI - speed is not my main goal with traffic we have here.

Could be a "tuned by STi" sticker. The bad news for those looking for a Legacy to compete with the WRX STi is that Subaru is very aware that it needs market separation. They screwed up big time by making the early B4 very nearly as quick as the then current STi, and it was similar money vs the GC8, a bit less than GDB, or about the same when well equipped. You got most of the performance, more comfy features, McIntish sound, Bilstein dampers and more torque low down thanks to the TT system. Guess where the sales went? ;) <no prizes!!> So they know not to do that again. And the S401, as a point of reference, was most clearly set up to be a great Legacy, and not a WRX STi hunter (although older ones were easy meat :D ). Cheers :)

That car is awesome. It does have the BBS mesh wheels that the STI tuned B4 show car had, rather than the gold spec-b wheels that the WR-limited has. It also has black GT-style headlights, rather than the WR's silver headlights. It also has both the front and rear STi spoilers, and a badge on the front passenger door. It is pure, unadulterated speculation, but the pictured car may be a different animal than a WR-limited spec-B. a JDM STi test mule, perhaps? [dr. Evil pinky to mouth gesture] (please God, please God, please God, let it be that, and let it show up in North America, and give me a good, long overdue raise, so I can afford it.)

• 2 weeks later...
If Sub are to go up in the sports car world, I really think there should be a Legacy STi version to outperform the WRX. Too many people I know just hate the looks of the WRX - most of them are snobs but at the end of the day the Legacy is a much better looker. So, to compete with the likes of the BMW M3 and Audi S4, they have to use the new Legacy image and improve on it (performance and looks). It's just that simple.

Archived