LegacyGT.com

Lessons learned....

Opie

Orange traffic cones do not bounce harmlessly of the car at 60mph in real life like they do on TV, they instead inflict severe damage to ABS plastic.

Plastic pop-it clips do not like being struck by traffic cones at 60mph and jump off and flee from the car.

The 2.5i Legacy is not quite as nimble as the Legacy 2.5GT and cannot dance around cones that suddenly appear in the middle of the street at 60mph.

Needless to say I wish I had been in my car as it would've been a great excuse to get the JDM front bumper...

..my wife was not very amused as I drove her car in today to perform routine service and now it needs a new bumper cover, a tow hook cover and an assortment of bumper pop-it clips...

if the day is cold, yes, cones are rock solid.. I've seen a few exploded upon impact.. my friend in a civic cracked his bumper as well when he was autocrossing in the winter series in 20F weather.

you may have hit one of those cones with a weighted ring on the bottom.. they use those around here to keep the cone from being picked up by heavy winds..

Keefe

Wifey's wagon is all fixed now! I installed the new bumper cover when I got home tonight...interesting how easily that comes off.

New Bumper cover & tow hook cover, painted, plus 15 or so misc. clips...total out of pocket cost: $425.00

Damn cones...:icon_mad:

Wifey's wagon is all fixed now! I installed the new bumper cover when I got home tonight...interesting how easily that comes off.

New Bumper cover & tow hook cover, painted, plus 15 or so misc. clips...total out of pocket cost: $425.00

Damn cones...:icon_mad:

Don't blame the cones. It's the effin simpleton that let them fall off his truck. That goes for anyone who lets crap fall out of their vehicle (usually a contractor pick-up with the tailgate down or missing. What dumb effs. Same for dump trucks dribbling rocks and $h!t on the highway. If I was a trooper I would spend my whole day writing up these cretins rather than simple speeders.

It is still ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

didn't you ever think to just switch bumpers for your wife's 2.5i? that way you get jdm and her car gets fixed. :icon_bigg

Don't blame the cones. It's the effin simpleton that let them fall off his truck. That goes for anyone who lets crap fall out of their vehicle (usually a contractor pick-up with the tailgate down or missing. What dumb effs. Same for dump trucks dribbling rocks and $h!t on the highway. If I was a trooper I would spend my whole day writing up these cretins rather than simple speeders.

this pisses me off the most ever since I moved to FL from NJ... seems like some people could care less on i95. well, maybe a close second - next to turn signals being optional.

i mean WTF :mad:

i once had to dodge an airborne pitchfork that flew out of the back of a truck. :( luckily(?) i was on a bike and able to duck out of the way.

Archived