LegacyGT.com

I think you guys with get a good laugh about this one...

there is a kid at my school who thinks he's "all that" cause he's got a '94 volvo 850 turbo auto. i was like yea right, i got an 05 subaru legacy gt WAGON 5MT and i could take you no problem. now all the time in school, i hear oh yea your wagon sucks, go pick up the kids, etc...

now, while i'd love to race him, i only have my permit and my dad obviously knows what kind of beast that thing is. and my dad tells me that he doesn't even know if he would let me drive that by myself cause i have "poor impulse control" lol

but anyway, what do you think would win? i'm pretty sure the volvo has no chance, but this id does cause it has a catback and a CAI. my lgt is totally stock. but have seen him smoke the front tires pretty good leaving school. he thinks that from a dig AND a 40 mph roll he could take me. The only way in a dig would be if i flamed it (which wouldnt happen) but launching the car would blow his doors off and at 40, the car is like at 4,2000 rpm or so in 2nd gear and that's perfect, but i still think he has no chance... how about you guys?

p.s. - also, i have heard people tell me that they will take me in a stock 03 VR6 jetta AT, stock 01 VR6 Passat MT, stock 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT AT, and a stock 06 ford mustang AT. what is it with all these wanna-be racers and autos :confused: none even stand a chance!

i know how to drive one pretty well. i started driving stick when i was 12, granted on a VW so that has the be the easiest clutch in the world. but i figured none of them could. i was just slightly concerned with the volvo. anyone got any experience with volvo's? (racing them i mean)

You ARE going to race at a track, right?!?!?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BE STUPID and race on the street.

It isn't worth it.

+ a gaziilion. Only stupid, very stupid, people race on the street. Get your Dad to take you to an autocross. You both could have fun and learn a lot.:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

i know how to drive one pretty well. i started driving stick when i was 12, granted on a VW so that has the be the easiest clutch in the world. but i figured none of them could. i was just slightly concerned with the volvo. anyone got any experience with volvo's? (racing them i mean)

Yeah, a P1800, at the track!!!!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

honestly, this was gonna be a pull up to a light, short street race drag in an area with little cars. not like full out racing or anything. just the type when you pull up next to someone at a light. c'mon guys... you know you all do it lol

and robinlsb, i bet that wasn't too much of a race lol

yea, and i'd love to race on a track somewhere, but there really isn't a place around me (whitehall, pa) at least, i don't think that there is. maybe up in the pocono's but yea i get my license in like 3 months and i'm gonna drive safely. i mean, don't get me wrong, it's fun to talk trash, but you still have to use good judgment and not let your testosterone take over (all the time :))

wow...your dad let you have a car like this when you still don't even have your license yet?

I mean, I'm only 20, but thats almost 5 years of driving experience that I've had before getting a GT, and I still think this car is a bit much to handle to an inexperienced driver...

Just don't do anything stupid...your life is more important than your ego

Yeah... please be safe. I know you say that it will only be a quick burst from a light... But it only takes 6 seconds to get to 60 MPH, and 60 MPH can EASILY kill you.

WE HAVE LOST MEMBERS OFF THIS BOARD WHO CRASHED WHILE STREET RACING.

It really isn't worth it. Don't let them push you into it.

and robinlsb, i bet that wasn't too much of a race lol. You have got a lot to learn kihttp://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/attach/jpg.gifd!

1062803672tc.jpg.855f61bca4b0c0e5ca21e8d50093aca9.jpg

^^^:lol:

Unfortunatley dude... you wont be racing anyone legally until your 18.

It this true. Jeeze, kids should be able to race before that. I started racing at 16, but it took a lot of pull and BS to get in at some tracks. Back then it was 21. 16 is when we need to get kids on the track, while they are still alive!

IBviperboywrapsitaroundatree

nah. there are certain times that you can do certain things, and i know better than to goof around and race in snow/rain. i would only run someone at a light if it was dry and well abover 32ºF.

but to everyone, i will be careful and smart when it comes to driving on my own. but this thread wasn't meant to be a safety course lol it was meant to give you all a laugh at how ignorant kids are in general when they know nothing about cars.

that being said... robinlsb... what do i need to learn? i never heard of that car before and i just google'd it and it didn't really look like much to me :icon_conf

that being said... robinlsb... what do i need to learn? i never heard of that car before and i just google'd it and it didn't really look like much to me

You need to learn how to LIVE! Let me introduce to you the idea of JOINT VENTURE. You drag a guy at the light and the idiot runs into another car or worse kills a pedestrian.

You think that you are in the clear. NOPE, You both can be prosecuted for anything that goes wrong. You can be sued for the ENTIRE amount of damages.

Yup, even if the other idiot was drunk, you can go to jail. You want to put your future into the hands of an idiots, just race them on the street.:(

Don't believe me, talk to a lawyer!!

Nice looking P1800, Robinlsb. SCCA? Vintage? Post a bigger pic next time!

I raced a P18oo in SCCA, twice in the 60's . It was just a picture to show the Kid what a real race car is. Mine was green. Somebody had one for sale on the net, so I used the pic. It was a fun car! My pic's, alas, went to my ex-husband, the creep!:icon_mad:

You could not break the motor, cheap racing!!!!

Archived