LegacyGT.com

2008 Lexus IS with new V8 under the hood!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm 6'1, 265 and had no problem getting in the IS... I JUST COULDN"T GET OUT!

Im sure it will be a very sporty boring car just like every other lexus and toyota.

How about the new Supra when they come out?

hehehee

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Anyone over 5'10" will not be comfortable at all even in the front. The IS interior is tiny, like it was tailor made for an Asian. I hate the interior of those cars, makes me claustrophobic thinking of them.

i'm 6"3' and 170lbs Asian, and i hate sitting in a IS, the interior is so tight

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Pshhh, it will be RWD. Which is why my dad bought the 330xi instead.

Lexus choices:

Small engine w/ AWD and AT only

Small engine w/ RWD and MT

Large engine w RWD only and WT only

LAME. LOOK AT THE SUCCESS AUDI HAS HAD!

And my bro's IS300 sucks in rain, snow, and handling in general. YEEEEUCCCKKK. Feel alot safer im Legacy, even if it is slower. It can zip through curves without fishtailing.

i'm 6"3' and 170lbs Asian, and i hate sitting in a IS, the interior is so tight

I was not implying that all persons of Asian descent are short or midgets, but most folks of direct Asian descent are a couple of inches shorter (statisticaly) than a person of European or African descent. I love all of you just the same.

I should amend the statement to read only midgets will be comfortable in the IS.

The IS will never be a performance car to me until they put a manual in it. Who cares about an eight speed automatic. I would much rather have a LS2 CTS-V or the new G8 even.

I like that CTS-V -- it's a very nice car. GM was brave to make it manual-only and I think that was a great choice.

I don't care about F1-style manual-based semi-autos either (e.g. DSG, BMW SMG, etc.). I think they're lame, lame, lame. It's fine that they shift quickly (good for the track and F1, I suppose), but they're herky-jerky in regular driving. There are tons of moving parts so forget about long-term reliability and, like with regular autos, there's a delay from when you flick the paddle to the shift itself. But even more than that, driving a manual is just plain fun. No paddle shifting will connect you to the car or give you the "fun factor".

To me, REAL sports sedans and sports cars should be offered only in a manual (conventional) transmission or have an option for F1-style (for those who have some sort of problem with conventional MTs).

I like that CTS-V -- it's a very nice car. GM was brave to make it manual-only and I think that was a great choice.

I don't care about F1-style manual-based semi-autos either (e.g. DSG, BMW SMG, etc.). I think they're lame, lame, lame. It's fine that they shift quickly (good for the track and F1, I suppose), but they're herky-jerky in regular driving. There are tons of moving parts so forget about long-term reliability and, like with regular autos, there's a delay from when you flick the paddle to the shift itself. But even more than that, driving a manual is just plain fun. No paddle shifting will connect you to the car or give you the "fun factor".

To me, REAL sports sedans and sports cars should be offered only in a manual (conventional) transmission or have an option for F1-style (for those who have some sort of problem with conventional MTs).

Test drive a car with the VW DSG transmission. It will change your thinking somewhat. I still prefer the MT over anything else but the DSG was impressive and if I was forced to get something automatic this would be it.

We prefer to be called little people.

And I prefer to be called "The Honorable and Great Penguin, Leader of Men, and Gift to Women" :lol:

However, no one is going to call me by what I prefer to be called. So, I will continue to use the word midget. By the way how do you drive? Are the pedals hard to reach?, I have never seen a vehicle adapted to use for a midget, what is involved in getting one ready?

And I prefer to be called "The Honorable and Great Penguin, Leader of Men, and Gift to Women" :lol:

However, no one is going to call me by what I prefer to be called. So, I will continue to use the word midget. By the way how do you drive? Are the pedals hard to reach?, I have never seen a vehicle adapted to use for a midget, what is involved in getting one ready?

Im not really a midget. http://smiliesftw.com/x/otwavey.gif

The IS will never be a performance car to me until they put a manual in it. Who cares about an eight speed automatic. I would much rather have a LS2 CTS-V or the new G8 even.

+1

Don't think the pontiac smack comes with manual either.

Both these cars are too ugly imo anyway. I want to have the 535 wagon, but it will have to be restyled.

This is a time of very ugly cars, these things go in cycles, and hopefully this ugly phase will be over in the next 5 years or so. Funny how the Legacy was ugly (99-04) when the general trend was for quite beautiful cars (A4, 3 series, IS, etc) and now that cars are ugly (uh, same cars :) ), the Legacy is pretty.

:icon_conf

Archived