LegacyGT.com

Wynn's Complete Fuel System Flush???

Due for my 30K service this Friday. Dealer to charge $530+tax or I can opt for $410 without the Wynn's Fuel Flush. Car drinks nothing but Shell V-Power ... I can't justify the added cost.

Hell, for $410, I'm only getting Oil/Filter Change, Tire Rotation, Transmission and Brake Fluid Flush, Replacement of Spark Plugs, Fuel and Air Filter + Multi-Point Inspection.

As I type this, I think I've already made my decision. Your thoughts please....... :attention:

Your dealer sucks!! You dont need: Replacement of Spark Plugs (not till 60k) Fuel Filter (not till 100k)

I would still like to know what a Wynn's Fuel Flush is :lol:

Moved :)

+1 on the above. And a Fuel flush is the sound of wasted dollars going down the drain:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

If your running premium unleaded, as most of us are, the fuel system cleaning at 30k is overkill.

The Wynns system is awesome. We use it here and it has fixed many misfire problems due to carbon on valves causing cylinder leak down. Great product.

I would say between 60-80K would be reasonable to perform this service. It cleans intake valves and piston tops squeaky clean IF done properly.

If your running premium unleaded, as most of us are, the fuel system cleaning at 30k is overkill.

The Wynns system is awesome. We use it here and it has fixed many misfire problems due to carbon on valves causing cylinder leak down. Great product.

I would say between 60-80K would be reasonable to perform this service. It cleans intake valves and piston tops squeaky clean IF done properly.

Show me the science. As opposed to running the engine under load for 5 miles at say 5000 rpm in second..:icon_conf

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

premium octane generally has no more cleaning agents than regular unleaded....

brake fluid flush on new cars imo is bogus, even tho brake fluid is hygroscopic, you shouldn't need to change it for at least 5 yrs.

i do not endorse wynn's, but i don't condemn them either; a good cleaner added to the tank every so often will prevent build up and save you in the long run....

try bg's 44 k or similiar products...

one thing to remember, most dealer ships offer spiffs to there service advisors to sell the hell out of the prevent maintain. items and they usually work on a commision basis based upon the service deptartment selling gross, more sales equals more commish.......

be careful............:)

IMO running a container of fuel system cleaner every oil change will negate the need for any type of dealer sold fuel system cleaner. I run Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner every oil change which is probably overkill as well. Just using top tier fuels with their higher levels of detergents will probably keep most engines plenty clean.

+1 on the BG fuel additive. That stuff is great. Just don't buy it from the stealership. They want about $30, but you can get it at most quick lube places for half that.........

i work at a stealership and i sell if for 9.95, how much you want mang?????:icon_bigg

i work at a stealership and i sell if for 9.95, how much you want mang?????:icon_bigg

i know i'm quoting my own post, but i wanted to correct an error;

even tho the ford dealer i work for stocks the entire bg line, we don't sell a lot of it, so i made a mistake in regards to the 44k pricing, the bg battery treatment is 9.95, the 44k is 16.95......

i sell a bunch more of the battery treatment-----lot of salt air corrosion in our area---versus the 44k, so i'm sorry for the mix-up.

^^^i find that most brake parts on new cars are either rubber, phenolic plastic or stainless, so corrosion of internal parts generally isn't an issue....

external metals lines and bolts, well that's another story........

my main point is why pay the stealership insane prices when it can be done safely and less expensively elsewhere........

Archived