LegacyGT.com

*4th Annual NorCal Meet & Drive* May 27, 2007

ZinFreak

Latest Update:

We are currently working to get a few vendors to join us in the afternoon at the picnic/BBQ site to showcase their products and answer questions.

We'll also be holding a charity raffle to benefit Canine Companions for Independence, and a car judging competition. Prizes for both are generously donated by vendors.

Stay tuned via Subscribe

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many have paid so far?

Check zee first post in the thread. We've got 12 vehicles so far, and a couple are waiting until closer. We are still 2.5 months out I suspect we will pickup more folks as the date draws near.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

We've become even more official. The website promoting the event is up :cool:

www.norcalmeetanddrive.com

More information, directions to the starting point, sign-up information, and a page dedicated to the schwag raffle to support Canine Companions For Independence.

Y'all check it out!

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

ZinFreak,

I have confirmed with my frineds with the B9 and they want to come. They will register shortly. They are of corse in the touring group.

Also, a foot note on camping, we found that the LibirtyGlenn camp ground is first come first serve because they have no running watter, so no reservations :(.

Ben

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Ben,

Hmm, bummer on the reservations. I really wouldn't worry about not finding a spot, my experience (we stay there several times a year), is there just isn't many people staying there. The boat-in sites are very popular on weekends, but the main drive-in campground is pretty dead.

The water situation is very manageable. Buy a couple of the 5 gallon collapsable water totes from WalMart and stop at the ranger station across from the picnic grounds and fill up. Be smart use paper plates and meal clean up is just pots. One of those hang-up solar water heaters are great for heating water for a shower before bed.

They have chemical vault toilets which aren't bad, it isn't like porcelin, but when you gotta go...

If you just have to have a bathroom, there is a KOA in Cloverdale, about 10 miles up from our picnic area

http://www.koa.com/where/ca/05275/

I think we need a camping/lodging page on our website.

-Scott

ZinFreak,

I have confirmed with my frineds with the B9 and they want to come. They will register shortly. They are of corse in the touring group.

Also, a foot note on camping, we found that the LibirtyGlenn camp ground is first come first serve because they have no running watter, so no reservations :(.

Ben

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

My wagon is bare bones stock. Do you guys think I'll be able to keep up with the driver's group?

Yes. We had some NA Foresters and Imprezas in the Drivers group last year.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• 2 weeks later...
I am pissed that I am going to be missing this event. I also saw it advertised at Maita the other day! The boss wants me to take her to Monterey over the holiday weekend.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Well, Roo and I played hooky yesterday and pre-checked part of the drivers route... http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Let's just say you guys are going to be in for an absolutely gorgeous drive... We've got tight, technical twisties interspersed with very sparsely traveled, wide-open 2-lane country roads with sweepers and elevation changes. We only happened upon a few locals on the way, and they all pulled over to allow us to pass without hesitation - I was shocked a few times by the good road manners! Plus, the scenery is just awesome... You won't be disappointed!

Check your oil, torque your lugnuts, and be ready!

Hotel/motel info and rates for the out-of-towners looking to stay overnight can now be found here. Most places are filling up fast for the holiday weekend, so I'd advise anyone considering an overnight stay to get their reservations in as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick heads-up...

Registration for the wine touring group will close May 13!

The reason for this is that we will need an accurate headcount for the wineries we'll be visiting, and at least one of them is also requiring us to pay the group's tasting fees in full two weeks prior to the event. Since the tasting fees are not included in the registration fee, we will collect them at the starting point on the day of the event.

After this date, you will have to roll with the "Drivers Group"

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

One of the dealers I've been working with for donations has offered to bring out some new Subaru models for people to tire kick on the afternoon of the BBQ after the drive.

Is anyone interested in seeing new Subarus? If there is interest I'll persue it with them, if not, I don't want to waste their time.

Just give a yes if you have any interest.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

BTW, driver's...if you've signed up, PM me your email address.

I currently have a 188MB movie (13:38) in Quicktime format that I need to edit down to about a 4 minute (and much smaller) teaser. I'll try to get that done this weekend, but no promises.

Archived