LegacyGT.com

*4th Annual NorCal Meet & Drive* May 27, 2007

ZinFreak

Give away a bottle of Rafanelli Zin :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm too much of a cheap bastard to do that. That is too close to liquid sex, I'd bogart it for myself.

Right thought, wrong zipcode...

So when are we previewing your tour?

If I thought you were also a SyrahFreak or a PinotFreak, I'd bring something along for you.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when are we previewing your tour?

If I thought you were also a SyrahFreak or a PinotFreak, I'd bring something along for you.

Let me check with the boss and I'll PM you on possible dates. Be nice to take the honey along.

Ohhh, I do Syrah and Pinot... Especially Lynmar and Dehlinger, both "around the block" from you.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Let me check with the boss and I'll PM you on possible dates. Be nice to take the honey along.

Ohhh, I do Syrah and Pinot... Especially Lynmar and Dehlinger, both "around the block" from you.

You ever try some Westwood wine??

It's a hole in the wall (you blink while walking past it, you miss it) in the Sonoma Square.

:) :)

I traded some car parts for a case of Pinot and a case of Syrah.

You ever try some Westwood wine??

It's a hole in the wall (you blink while walking past it, you miss it) in the Sonoma Square.

:) :)

I traded some car parts for a case of '97 Pinot and a case of '96 Syrah.

Fixed! :icon_bigg

I'm still giddy about that trade...

Still working out details with the boss. Plus I need to see if we can crash at her sister's in Santa Rosa that night.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

The cut-off to sign-up will be May 21st.

We have to purchase meats and goods, plus pay for the picnic grounds ahead of time. The reason for pre-payment is that in previous years several indicated they were coming, food was purchased for them and they never showed.

Hope you can make it...

Is there a deadline on signing up? I might not know until pretty close to Memorial Day itself this time.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Hey, last year I forgot to pay at the BBQ and sent Greg the $$ later. He was off saving the day, or something. It was pretty exciting there at the end:)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Wow! You guys in the driver's group are going to really enjoy the roads that Roo & Pleiad7 (SubaruForester) have selected. Memorial Day traffic isn't going to be an issue :icon_bigg

In all fairness to the Legacy drivers, during about 5% of this drive I was really happy I chose to drive the FXT today. The rest of it I wished I had the LGT. I would have loved to have a audio monitor of the conversation between Roo and Pleaid7 during one point. The view from behind was priceless. :eek:

If you drive an MT be prepared to "row" a lot of gears.

This is going to be FUN!

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

I'm still wondering how much "unintentional camber" was added. BTW, we found that the tire was down to 16 psi from 36 psi after the drive.

I did some camber adjustment, but am taking it down to Dependable Tire and Brake tomorrow for an official check and alignment...with damage assessment thrown in for good measure.

Good thing I work where I do...parts may not be cheap, but are cheapER for me.

question on drivers group:

how agressive is this run exactly? feel free to answer in PM. i just dont want to be in a possition where i have to chose between safety/speed and staying with the pack. im drive fast and i love to do agressive driving in the foothills, but i realise that people interperate things differently heh

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

question on drivers group:

how agressive is this run exactly? feel free to answer in PM. i just dont want to be in a possition where i have to chose between safety/speed and staying with the pack. im drive fast and i love to do agressive driving in the foothills, but i realise that people interperate things differently heh

It's going to be quick-paced, but by no means balls-to-the-walls fast. Safety - not speed - is always our main concern, and we will observe all speed limits on roads that are residential or traveled by other traffic. Also, no one will have to worry about being left behind by the group because there will be a sweep vehicle last in line at all times. Basically, the most careful driver in the group will determine the speed of the group. Paul does a great job of leading these drives because he's very safety-conscious. However, there will be plenty of opportunity to have fun! Some roads are very tight, twisty, and technical, while others will give you an opportunity to sit back, relax, and cruise while taking in the scenery.

There is also a wide variety of cars that are participating that will be accounted for.

The roads that we are driving equalize the differences between the different models that make up the group.

I drive a '00 Leg wagon. I scouted the route for last years drive with ForesterXT/Pleiad and was able to keep up and also lead at a respectable clip.

Depending on your experience, the pace may be quick however well within the limits of our cars.

Would you guys be interested in getting your door dings and dents taken care of by a paintless dent pro at the picnic grounds in the afternoon? We are thinking about getting one of our contacts to come out and do a "mini dent day" for us if there's enough interest. Basically, this would involve dealing on a cash basis only at a rate of about $25-30 per dent (dime/nickel sized), which is about 1/3 of the retail price for dent removal.

Archived