LegacyGT.com

*4th Annual NorCal Meet & Drive* May 27, 2007

ZinFreak

Ack! :spin: I wanna go, but not sure I'll be able to. Already have 3 events for May. Ack! :spin: What to do, what to do?!?

I know if I do go, I won't be bringing my kid <ralph> on the driver's route this time... :rolleyes:

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.sonic.net/~roo/HoplandGrade.jpg

^Little devil sitting on your shoulder...

You know you want to do this...besides, if you get some raffle tickets AND show up, you're almost guaranteed to win something!!

:mad: You're not playing fair ... :p

Well, I'm not going to make it fair for anyone anymore...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XwLbHQTD9I]YouTube - Preview Event 2007[/ame]

^Here's the video, I've put it on Youtube so everyone who might have temptation can see what they're in for...

;)

<sigh> ... OK, I'm in ... didn't need to get anything done in May anyway... :p

Edit: Driver's group, of course... just sent payment.

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Paging ZinFreak.... Update your entry list!

Drivers Group:

Leader: Primitive [Paul Eklund]

1. Kostamojen (legacygt.com)

2. Roo (Don't quite know where he's from)

3. Angry Toaster

4. Eclipse

5. ferretboy +1

6. Flanders (legacygt.com)

7. eastbaysubaru

8. pieboy

9. Dong Homez +1 (legacygt.com)

10. bmaxfield

11. 4S-TURBO [Zara & Scott]

12. jalfieri (Jenson Motor Center)

13. wagonmafia +1

14. RippinRoo (legacygt.com)

Tasting & Touring Group:

Leader: ZinFreak [scott & Linda]

1. pleiad7

2. leggtnut +1 (legacygt.com)

3. Astrotraveler +1

4. eltobol [Chris & Lorena]

5. GeorgeofSacramento [George & Deanna]

6. leggtnut's friends (in the B9 Tribeca)

7. baangeles +3

8. D. Harley +1

While we're talking of updates... any updates on nearby hotels? Would be interested in any recommendations for places near the start...

Bump. ZinFreak is awake now, list updated.

Sorry for the delay, work has been getting in the way of fun :icon_mad:

The website we have setup also has the lodging information -- NorCalMeet Website

Be careful of the Motel6 on Cleveland, there is a bit of "wild life" that hangs out there on the weekends. Drug dealers, ho's, gang members, people on Subaru Meets, etc.

You could also try Sandman Hotel - Santa Rosa, just down the street from MotelSex and a bit more money, but good ratings from TripAdvisor + friends that stay there and you have less chance of getting hassled.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Be careful of the Motel6 on Cleveland, there is a bit of "wild life" that hangs out there on the weekends. Drug dealers, ho's, gang members, people on Subaru Meets, etc.

Is that the Motel 6 near Piner, or the one further south on Cleveland? When we stopped by and checked rates at the latter a few weeks ago, the place was overrun with Sheriff's cars. Evidently they were tending to some sort of problem with a guest... :rolleyes:

Is that the Motel 6 near Piner, or the one further south on Cleveland? When we stopped by and checked rates at the latter a few weeks ago, the place was overrun with Sheriff's cars. Evidently they were tending to some sort of problem with a guest... :rolleyes:

The MotelSex "South" tends to be worse than North (near Piner), but both tend to be notorious for "action" at night especially on weekends.

Here's a funny review from guest of MotelSex North from someone who obviously doesn't care if their pet gets fleas.

We were going to Motel 6 South but my girlfriend was so scared of the people hanging out there and the loud party noise and police cars we went to Motel 6 North.We arrived at Motel 6 North with police there also going room to room looking for party/loud/drug people. After entering the room we were attacked by fleas until we scratched ourselves till blood ran. Animals are allowed in Motel 6's and so are the flea's. If you choose to go to this Motel 6, bring a flea bomb, put on insect repellent, and then put all your clothes in garbage bags when you leave so when you put your clothes in your car and into your next motel room...the fleas wont go with you. Also bring lots of anti-itch stuff to ward off the itching of the flea bites where there will be many. I would probably recommend this place as an animal kennel to drop your dogs and cats etc..off, and recommend staying at the Sandman.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Looks like I will not be able to make it this weekend. My new hobby is river rafting and I am signed up to take a Wilderness First Aid class. 90% sure i will not be able to make it this weekend.

Ned

Looks like I will not be able to make it this weekend. My new hobby is river rafting and I am signed up to take a Wilderness First Aid class. 90% sure i will not be able to make it this weekend.

Ned

:eek:

:rolleyes:

:)

Yeah, I know. I'm also broke as hell. Gas is required no matter what I do. I did vote against memorial day.

I have a co-pilot...err, I mean co-driver position available. Gives you all the thrills, very little risk to your own car, and some ideas for some new roads to have fun on...

:) :) :)

Bump!

2 more days.

The Tasting Group is closed for new entries as we have made reservations at wineries for our group.

If you haven't signed up, you are going to miss out!:nono:

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

...for the Driving Group.

The following is what we have set in place as ground rules that MUST be followed in order for us to have a good time, a great and most importantly, a SAFE drive.

1. Arrive early. We leave PROMPTLY at 9:00 am.

2. Arrive with a FULL TANK, and EMPTY BLADDER, and the ability to last TWO HOURS until the first opportunity for either. The morning session has been timed out at approx. 2 hours. We are adding in an additional 15 minutes for re-group time.

3. Leave your egos at home. This is a fun, spirited drive event. There will ALWAYS be someone faster than you, and people slower than you. If you see someone close to your tail, then you might be holding them back. PLEASE, if you see someone flash their headlights, then use your right turn indicator, slow down a little, and allow that person to pass.

4. ONLY PASS when it is safe. Double solid yellow lines are there for a reason, and are to be respected AT ALL TIMES!! The ONLY acceptable exception to this rule is in the off chance there is a bicyclist on the road, and you're moving over to give them room.

5. Whenever the leader stops, you stop. UNLESS the leader exits his vehicle, PLEASE STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE. This is most likely a re-grouping effort due to traffic signals, etc. and we don't want to have to herd people back into their cars!!

6. Please, if the group slows down, understand it's most likely for a VERY GOOD reason. Paul is familiar with this entire route, and there are a couple of hazards which MUST be avoided...and if they aren't, there could be some very serious consequences. We'll be slowing down considerably when we get into Kelseyville, as we are passing the California Highway Patrol regional office for the Lake County Region.

When we reach our break area, there will be approximately 45 minutes of break time in order to use the restrooms, fuel up, and get a snack. It's easy to lose track of time, so PLEASE, make sure you keep an eye on the time. We will be stopping just short of town on the main drag (Main St.), and everything you could need is within a couple of miles straight up/down this street.

Please, make sure that you/your co-driver do NOT eat too much, or you could get sick easily. I HIGHLY suggest an anti-nausea medication, as the first road you're going to be on is ~18 miles of highly technical roads, and will include the portion from which my video preview was drawn. Trust me on this, you DON'T want to be getting sick on this road, as there aren't a lot of turnouts...

The rest of the roads are rather scenic, and should be rather easy on the "roller coaster" effect...

BTW, for those of you torn by the tasting/driving choice, we will have ample opportunity to send you to a winery after the drive event is over. If you haven't had quite enough drive time in?? We got that covered too.

:eek: :eek:

Hint: The "extra driving" will be on what Pashnit.com calls the "Holy Grail" of motorcycle roads. It is purpose built for one thing, and one thing only...as a revenue generator for law enforcement if they ever patrol it.

for the Tasting Group...

Our goal on Sunday is

To be safe – We will drive at or below posted speed limits. No Passing -- most of the roads we are driving are two lane State Roads and nearly all of it is “double-yellow” line marked, other times we will be on one-lane roads.

To have fun – The route, wineries, and food stop have been carefully selected to maximize your appreciation for the back country of Sonoma and Napa Counties. We aren’t going to log a lot of miles, but the scenery will be great, and the wines unique.

To be safe – Yes we will be tasting wines. You don’t have to drink everything in your glass, use the dump buckets to dispose of any wine in excess of that you want to taste. Make sure you consume plenty of water during the day as it is easy to become dehydrated and end up with a bad headache long about mid-afternoon.

Anyone that has consumed too much alcohol and is deemed unsafe will be asked to leave the group and reported to the proper authorities if you attempt to drive.

We leave at 9:00AM sharp.

See you Sunday.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Had a great time! Great scenery, great roads, great food, & great company! Thanks again for pulling it all together!! Looking forward to some pics

Oh btw ... the Sandman was much, much better than the Motel 6!!

Archived