LegacyGT.com

07 Radio problems

BigJack

02BlkRex - how the eff did you get a 550CCA bat? Mine was 490. Something to do with your altitude?

No idea but I know I'm not the only one. I saw a pic in another thread and it was clearly labeled 550 CCA. Doesn't matter anyway, the battery is still crap.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
02BlkRex - how the eff did you get a 550CCA bat? Mine was 490. Something to do with your altitude?

I was wondering the same thing too. Mine clearly says 430 CCA on the top of the battery. WTF? I wonder what's supposed to come? Did the dealer change it? :confused:

meh...maybe mine was 430....either way it wasn't a 500 series CCA bat.

but like rex said, it's still crap....and its no longer in my vehicle. :lol:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Well I have read on these forums that atleast 1 person has had a red top replaced something rediculous like 3 times in a couple of months. I heard they aren't meant for any shock at all. Before I joined these forums I wouldn't have thought twice about getting a red top. Unfortunatly this is all hearsay, but I'm not taking a chance..

Well I have read on these forums that atleast 1 person has had a red top replaced something rediculous like 3 times in a couple of months. I heard they aren't meant for any shock at all. Before I joined these forums I wouldn't have thought twice about getting a red top. Unfortunatly this is all hearsay, but I'm not taking a chance..

I've heard that at least 1 person is having problems with their Spec B too! Alternator, radio, stalling, etc! Does that make it a bad car? :p

I know several people that have had very good experiance with Optima, that's why I chose it.

yeah, common denominator is the car. maybe something was/is wrong with the car and not the batteries. just 1 person having problems isn't enough to deter me from getting an optima. if you could post links that'd be helpful.

have you guys had any trouble with your remote key unlock/lock? mines sucks from time to time and i'm wondering if maybe it is the car battery. i know it's reaching, but thought i'd ask.

I've had 2 occasions where trying to lock the car after leaving it did not activate the locking mechanism. After putting the key in and turning it to the accessory poosition (not starting the engine), then turning it and taking the key back out, the remote worked fine. As if something didn't shut down properly in order for the remote to work with the car.

After much searching on the Internet, I went with the Duralast Gold battery. It's almost as good as the Optima for about 1/2 the price. I put it in Friday and my car will be sitting unstarted until Monday. I'll let you know if I still have my presets Monday morning.

We are also having the radio reset problem in the 07 LGT.

I've had cars with weak batteries before, I've seen batteries so low that the car won't even turn over and the radio never lost it's settings.

After much searching on the Internet, I went with the Duralast Gold battery. It's almost as good as the Optima for about 1/2 the price. I put it in Friday and my car will be sitting unstarted until Monday. I'll let you know if I still have my presets Monday morning.

Problem solved so far. Car sat outside in snow for 3 days and fired right up this morning with no loss of presets. It was about 28F this morning.

We are also having the radio reset problem in the 07 LGT.

I've had cars with weak batteries before, I've seen batteries so low that the car won't even turn over and the radio never lost it's settings.

I'm wondering if it's only with the LGT with the auto climate control and six disk changer. My wife has an 08 Outback and we also had an 07 and an 05 and they have never had this problem.

• 1 month later...

Car: 07 LGT

Radio: 6cd w/ XM, ESC with Navigation

Miles: 14k

Replacement: 0

Routine: My radio presets have gone out twice. 1st time it had been sitting in my garage for a few days. 2nd time it was sitting outside where temperatures probably dipped around zero. It seemed like there way a cranking problem with that one where I had to crank twice to get it to start.

I took it to the shop this last Monday and they checked my battery with the little Subaru battery meter and it registered will into 600+ amps. My service manager was going to call the Subaru Tech Line to get more info. I think I'll just e-mail him a link to this thread and see if I can replicate the problem again with intermittent cranking.

Archived