LegacyGT.com

07 Radio problems

BigJack

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^^^ If you don't want to get the dealership or salesman in trouble, I wouldn't post it. But if you have no alligence to them, POST IT UP! I can't see any way you could get in trouble for a mistake they made.

FWIW, for me, I complained pretty harshly to the manager the second time I brought it in for the same issue. I also e-mailed SOA, and believe it or not, they replied and said they would contact the dealer to make sure it got handled properly and apolgized profusely.

Squeaky wheel got the grease....or a new radio and battery in this case.

Well here's what I got......

The paper work indicated that replacements were a primary concern, but did not as much acknowledge specific "defect". It included a diagnostic checklist and pricing for new and refurbished (direct or trade). I am sorry but I can't, in good conscience release any real details.

The good news is that SOA is apparently aware and amenable to the issue, so just confront your dealer confidently under that premise, and you should get your way. I know that sucks but it is the politics of the industry.

So what I'm wondering is was my issue my old radio? Because if it was, well I still had the same problem with the "replacement" radio.

Second time in they replace my battery...so was my battery bad or was my radio bad?

• 5 months later...

So here I am again...five months later...with the same problem :(

Car sat for one day, and it wouldn't start. Not even a turn of the engine. Called roadside assistance, they jumped it, and it is now back at the dealer. This is the fourth time for the same problem.

Researched the Washington state lemon laws and it appears I qualify, but I will wait to see what the dealer will do for me.

This totally sucks.

So now the best tech there says he can't find the "phantom draw".

They wanted me to take the car back even though they didn't "fix" anything. Battery is charged, charging system works, they claim they just can't find what is causing the problem. I refused. They agreed to keep the car for one week to see if the problem will show itself. This is incredibly frustrating!!!

not one problem with my battery or radio. just cracked over 14k miles and by the end of this month my car will be a year old.

dunno if it matters but it is garaged every single night and has spent maybe 3 days total of it's life outside of a garage. it's never lost anything and has been a solid starter.

have you all been running the car with accessories with the engine off for a period of time? morons on my old mazda forum said the battery was a pos but i had zero issues from 2 miles when i got it to 46k or so when i traded it in.

Well, mine has been garaged since day one. Nothing is on when it's parked! Well, something is on, but not on by me turning it on!

The Pontiac G6 I have as a loaner, while not nearly the same car as my Legacy, is pretty darn quick...has the V6...220 something hp...and very light.

I MISS MY LEGACY :(

• 1 month later...

I had this preset issue w/ my 07B and it was extremely frustrating, although I didn't take the time out of work to deal with the dealership.

Couple of weeks ago, already seeing the harder starts of colder weather beginning, I switched to a DuraLast Gold and gained about ~200CCA's...

I'm hoping that'll do the trick.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

08 radio/climate just goes half dead, blank display on both yet still work. The only way to use the volume is to use the steering wheel controls. When I'm going down the highway and I am pissed I put it in Neutral shut the car off and restart, stupid I know :) but I dont feel like pulling over.

Here's the findings from today:

"Cust States whe ncar sits overnight all memory is erased from vehicle. all presets are cleared. chk &report." ..."Checked for erased memory. Radio stations were not set. climate control the same overnight. Battery tested ok. called techline found if satellite installed car draws off of radio. customer has aftermarket satellite installed. after more checkout found poss radio short inside. Ordered exchange unit." Clain #xxxxx

I'm really not crazy about some dude pulling my interior apart to get to my radio....I'm a stickler for details, and I'm SURE that it'll never be the same...

Well I've had my car back for two weeks now. They replaced the radio and kept it for a week after that.

I drove it for a few days, then let it sit for a week. Happy to say it started just fine and seems to be ok.

I am still thinking about investing in a battery charger though. What happens when my warranty runs out and this crops up again? It seems like it happens about every three or four months, which is totally inexplicable.

• 4 weeks later...
I had my radio replaced last year in my '07 due to it losing presets when it was cold out. Everything appeared fine until this year. It's doing it again. Has anyone replaced the battery with an aftermarket one and fixed the problem? I'm worried that I will spend $100 on a battery (that should be covered under warranty) and still not fix the problem. Is it the radio, short, battery, etc.?

I went and got a duralast gold. It has abont 200 more CCAs than the OEM battery.

I lost presets several times last year and haven't lost them so far...and its been cold enough to give my motor some issues turning over....but still have presets.

Have NOT replaced my radio.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

05 LGT here. The CD-Changer went south on me about 6 months ago. Ever since then I've had random power dufficulties (low battery juice, lights flickering on the dash). It got bad enough for me to replace my battery back in september (Car was 3 years old with 56,000 miles on it).

Christmas Eve the car was dead. I had it jumped, limped to the dealer, now three days later I'm told that the radio is grounding the battery and they need to replace the entire unit.

My wife's 08 2.5i lost all radio presets about a day ago, and the temp. was probably below 10 degrees that night. This is the first time it happened and I didn't think much of it so I just reprogrammed the presets. During the same drive I turned the heat/fan on and got nothing. There was no fan or any light indicating that any of the heating/cooling were working.

When we stopped I turned the car off/on and then the fan did work. Is this heating problem likely related to the radio problem? Any one else had this occur in an '08?

Same problem with my 07, however never had the heat issue. I lost my presets two mornings in a row. When I called the dealership they said yea thats been happening however we can't recreate the problem. Hasn't happened to me in about 3 weeks and have had some cold weather. Just wait and see for me

I just had something interesting happen...my car has been sitting outside in the cold for a week now. I got in, turned the key to ON (but not start) and let it sit there for about 10 seconds. Radio was on and presets still set. I then turned off the radio (to give the car more starting juice) and started the car. I turned the radio back on and I had lost the presets. Weird. Wiring problem?

That has actually happened to a few people on here. Regarding the heat thng, there are now 2 parts to the factory radio/ climate control unit.... The radio is just a module that sits behind the "faceplate assy". The "faceplate assy" is what controls all of the climate control functions. My dealer replaced both the Radio and Faceplate assembly and the problem is now gone. We've had some really chily mornings, and all is well!

Archived