The Official: New England post whore thread

BDII

Is JermTheElf actually BMX?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is JermTheElf actually BMX?

• Yes, only slightly less annoying
    • Yes, but they are in fact BF/BF
    • No, JermTheElf is much less intelligent
    • No, JerfTheElf has toe thumbs so he can't be BMX (cont)
    • ...because BMX has girlie hands
    • Yes, and the mods don't care
    • Yes, it's legal in MA for this to happen
    • No, JermTheElf is just another noob passing through
    • SWEAR TA ME!!!
    • Have you seen my pants?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While we're talking about headlights. If anyone has a passenger side black housing headlight for a 4G then please lemme know.

Sent from a box in my pocket.

I might have what you need. I have an extra set of lights that I need to bake apart and steal some of the aiming moving parts. Can't remember if they're black or chrome. Came off an 06 spec b, iirc. Anybody know which lights those had? Will try to dig 'em out tomorrow and check. Do you have a broken one? I might be willing to swap you a good one (I think they're good?) for a crap one as I really only need parts.

I believe the Spec B's had chrome bezel headlights. My '07 were also chrome but I blacked them out. The passenger light is broken on the rear side and gets condensation in there. Not seal related. The chrome ring around the projector has also been botch fixed with an attempt at spray chrome, so it looks more matte silver than chrome.

Do the 08-09 4eat cars have a fuse you can pull to drive in fwd mode.

I believe they do, I thought I read it in my owner's manual and was baffled at this still being available. But not on my 5MT.

And I think it's actually an extra fuse you take that you plug into the FWD socket. Either way double check your owner's manual because it does say under the emergency section.

Do the 08-09 4eat cars have a fuse you can pull to drive in fwd mode.

I've never done this but, the OP is correct. There is a fuse you insert to disable AWD. The manual describes this and it is somewhere in the engine compartment. AFAIK, this is used only for situations where you are using the "space-saver" spare tire - not for the long term. And, I am almost certain it restricts the car to FWD.

Don't they say you should also keep the front wheels the same size when doing this, and to rotate your spare to the rear?

But what about 4eat Outback owners with the rear LSD? On the Civic Si with front LSD they always said to keep the fronts the same and rotate the donut to the back for the sake of the LSD... so what's an OB owner to do? Head asplode.

Sent from a box in my pocket.

• 2 weeks later...
friend came back from New Orleans with beers for me to try. When I come up to wormtown I can bring stuff you havent had and we can do a trade if you are interested.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Should put this in the beer snob thread, for those close to Metro-west (Framingham), try one of their brews. Smoke and Dagger (on tap!) is a current favorite.

http://jacksabbybrewing.com/index.php#

I plan on hitting that place up some day. I'm going to try and tackle that passport deal I posted which has Jacks Abby, Framingham Beer Works, and John Havards Brewhouse on it.

Archived