LegacyGT.com

Got Bandwidth?! Subaru Legacy GT In-Car Race Video

I just got around to publishing this video. It was taken during the Grand Am Cup race at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama on Oct. 8th 2006. The car is the 2006 Subaru Legacy GT built and campaigned by GOTO:Racing.

Due to an electrical glitch that kept us off the grid, we had to start from the very back of the field. There is lots of passing! Remember, no passing until you are past the start/finish line after the green flag waves... ;)

It's a big file but the quality is pretty good. 720x480, 197MB and 23 minutes long.

Right-click, save-as...

http://www.garysheehan.com/images/BarberVideo.jpg

Gary

Sheehan Motor Racing

http://www.garysheehan.com

WoW. WoW WooooooWWWW

Incredible driving. Ballsy, gutsy, even pushy!

Why do all those other cars (BMWs, RX-8, Acuras) get to run what sounds like wide-open exhausts and the Legacy seems to be haulin around on the stock pipes/cans????

Shit, you can't even hear the LGT engine once all those buzz-saws get out of ear shot.

Oh, and its perfectly fine that the only car to pass him was a beautiful white Porsche! I only wish the video kept going until the end of the run to see that Porsche slice & dice with the cars up ahead.

Fantastic driving! Fantastic car! Fantastic race track!

my computer was in a world of hurt when i went straight to the video without reading the post and firefox tried streaming it. the new tab... the .mov file... quicktime trying to load... it horribly went wrong as the end task window popped up and i saw a glimpse of a tsx in that non responsive window...

Shit, you can't even hear the LGT engine once all those buzz-saws get out of ear shot.

you'd be amazed at how much sound the turbo itself muffles... especially when you put it next to a straight pipe NA or SC engine.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Thanks for getting this vid up Gary!

I thought you had forgotten..

BTW, I was at the race and I met the entire GOTO:Racing team (a great bunch of guys)...

And YES, the Leggy was teh only car out there that was forced to run the stock exhaust!:confused:

Archived