LegacyGT.com

Got Bandwidth?! Subaru Legacy GT In-Car Race Video

Thanks for getting this vid up Gary!

I thought you had forgotten..

BTW, I was at the race and I met the entire GOTO:Racing team (a great bunch of guys)...

And YES, the Leggy was teh only car out there that was forced to run the stock exhaust!:confused:

Why were they the only ones to have to run the stock exhaust i would have loved to hear it with exhaust.

Why were they the only ones to have to run the stock exhaust i would have loved to hear it with exhaust.

Its the regulations set for the LGT to qualify for the class. If you ever look through the rule book. All the front running cars (Cobalt SS, Integra, RSX, ect) have all these thing allowed to be modified, yet the Legacy is very restricted. :lol:

Anyways, Good run for the GOTO: Racing team. I and many others here thank you for showing what the LGT can do in the ST class!

Its the only AWD in the entries, basically they admit that AWD is superior to FWD and RWD. Also the rules even up the field. Just like when the RX-8 won the triple crown in 05, they put restrictions on it and free up other cars (cobalt is a good example), in the 06 season the Mazda was a lot slower.

You notice the dash is pretty much stock too? I bet it weights a lot as well. Other cars are stripped to bare metal. The RX-8 was super loud.. =)

Thanks for posting that video!

Pretty neat to see how the LGT behaves around that place. I have seen it many times from when my brother raced spec Miata there. You and Alan definitely have one thing in common, you both are faster than everyone else in the last 1/3 of the track. Specifically the second to last uphill right-hander.

Will you guys be back in '07? Would love to come out and watch. Also, if you need a co-driver, PM me and I will give Alan a shout. He's fast, and won't ball your car up!:lol:

The racecar barely weighs less than the showroom car... 3050 lbs race wt.

Stock powertrain everything from intake to exhaust. The car is probably THE most restricted vehicle out there.

The car is stripped, i just saw the other thread. 3050 is quite a lot, as for comparison, the RX-8 weights around 2500. The AWD and turbo leads to the restriction. I hope grand-am will at least let them run a turboback.

The car is stripped, i just saw the other thread. 3050 is quite a lot, as for comparison, the RX-8 weights around 2500. The AWD and turbo leads to the restriction. I hope grand-am will at least let them run a turboback.

They might even be able to tackle the porches with a turbo back exhaust.

I love my car ... basically.

People really do underestimate how good of a car the legacy can be with just a few things moded to it.

I have a friend who will not believe that the legacy was better than the BMW ... "the BMW was probably just having trouble" ... HA, the legacy is just a better car.

I love my car ... basically.

Archived