LegacyGT.com

Evo X

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so what happens if the electronic system fails in this car... everything is electronic from what i've researched, the yaw sensor, drivetrain sensor, brake sensor, turbo sensor, power senssor lol, doesn't look promising for the aftermarket community.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

excuse my ignorance..."open deck engine"??

http://legacycentral.org/library/literature/deck.htm

"Open deck blocks are lighter, offer better cylinder temperature control, and because the cylinders don't warp when the head bolts are torqued, they are easier to bore perfectly round. The downside is they can be fragile when pushed far beyond their design limit. Excessive cylinder pressure can cause the bores to shift ,or in the worst case, crack. The solution is to weld in an insert that connects the top of the bores with the external block structure, or to integrate that structure into a new cylinder liner"

Closed deck or semi-closed deck engines handle higher than stock boost levels better usually.

so what happens if the electronic system fails in this car... everything is electronic from what i've researched, the yaw sensor, drivetrain sensor, brake sensor, turbo sensor, power senssor lol, doesn't look promising for the aftermarket community.

sensors are an easily bypassed at times...

if the electronics systems fails on any car...you are screwed...hell im sure there are a lot more electronics in an m6, but im sure thats not the first thing that people worry about

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Are you sure? I'm not discounting what you're saying, but I don't think the big wing does anything. IF it does, it must be above 75+ MPH. Look at German cars, my Dad's 991's spoiler lifts up at 73 mph, but that's actually functional.

I could be wrong though, I just feel like the only functionality it adds is 20 lbs to the rear of the car, maybe the added weight adds rear traction :lol:

i dont think its that bad either...

if you wnat bad interior...buy a new mustang..wow...the whole thinsg is like ABS

but ya... look at the aero differences between a stock viii and a stock IX and you will notice very minor things about the aero of the car but they all have a purpose

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

I think the wing is big enough and far enough away from the deck that it will make a small difference at highway speeds. I still vote for wing delete and would replace the hatch with a CF hatch and maybe a lip spoiler.

The wing on the 991 is different in that it acts more like a spoiler instead of sticking past the boundary layer into the freestream.

However, there are definitely things on the EVO 9 that are just for show. The vortext generators on the top look like they are there for show. I'm glad they're not shown on the EVO X. They look terrible.

The diffuser on the IX is also suspect since the bottom is not that smooth. In fact, I noticed that the diffuser on the X is now only on the sides of the exhaust. Much smaller.

I know alot of my evo owning friends are hating the 10. Mitsu seemed to go back to the DSM world probably to keep their heads above water with the rest of the mitsu line. Anyways the new engine could be a power house but if I was to buy one I would be damn sure not to buy the first year model. And the AM world for evo's just got thrown for a loop with the new engine. Thats one thing about the 8's and 9's is the closed deck motor and why it can pump out so much more power then a STi with the same amount of money invested. Anyways I like the new design again but that engine will be something I will keep my eyes on. Oh yeah for the guy that said its called evolution for a reason then why did the 4G63 motor last through 9 generations of evo's. Just my thoughts

I really like the look & will give it a look when the time comes but if they have not addressed the "comfort" issue with the seats I'll be out of the car as quick as the EVO VIII I test drove.

Simply intolerable for a DD,

The more I look @ the STI hatch the more I'm liking it:):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Here's the article from Top Gear on the Evo X.

January 9, 2007 Detroit show: Mitsubishi Evo X concept

We'll have to wait a whole year until we can get our hands on a full production version of the Mitsubishi Evo X, but we can tell you this is going to be one of the hottest cars of the year when it arrives.

There's no more Mr Nice Mitsubishi with the Evo X. Simply, it's out to make the Subaru Impreza look second best.

Because of World Rally Championship (WRC) rules, the turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder stays, but it will be an all-new engine sprouting more than 300bhp in basic trim.

Expect to see a succession of more powerful versions follow on, including a 400bhp model.

A sequential manual gearbox with paddle-shift is likely to be an option, copying the WRC rally versions.

Handling all of this power is a new four-wheel-drive system called S-AWC (super all-wheel control). Taking Mitsubishi's four-wheel drive and associated electronics to a whole new level, S-AWC is said to make the Evo X the best handling saloon car in the world.

The concept car at the Detroit show has LED head- and rear lights, which will not see production. However, Mitsu assures us that the body shape is exactly how the finished car will look when it reaches our roads early next year.

didn't the last gen evo have crazy oil change intervals as well as other Maintenance requirements in order to keep the warrenty? I remember the dealer telling me you need an oil change every 2K.:rolleyes:

every 3k...with mobil 1

as for the wing issue....everyone said the same about the evo wing when the VIII was released...and it served more of a purpose that more people know

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived