LegacyGT.com

Subaru To Appoint new director of corporate communications..

gfxdave99

Subaru of America, Inc. Appoints Michael McHale Director of Corporate Communications

http://sev.prnewswire.com/images/tnw_website.gif

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Jan. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. today announced the appointment of Michael McHale to director of corporate communications. Reporting to Tim Mahoney, chief marketing officer for Subaru, McHale will be responsible for the company's corporate communications and public relations activities.

"We are very pleased to have Michael join Subaru," said Tim Mahoney, senior vice president and CMO, Subaru of America, Inc. "He has a proven track record in the industry and brings with him a wealth of both product and corporate communication experience that will benefit Subaru as we continue to grow our brand in the U.S. We have a busy year ahead of us in 2007 and we welcome his appointment."

McHale began his automotive career as an engineer with Land Rover in the United Kingdom and worked in various management disciplines before joining Land Rover's Corporate Communications team in 1995. McHale went on to be head of global public relations for the MINI brand before moving to the US in 2000 to head up the public relations introduction of MINI to the US. Following MINI's successful launch, McHale became manager, Group Communications for BMW North America in 2004, responsible for the public relations strategy for the company.

McHale hold a bachelor's degree in engineering and a master's degree in engineering business management. He is married with two children and lives in New Jersey.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

So the new guy will send out the form e-mail responses :lol:

Is that the same guy who told me subaru legacy owners would never want to upgrade their stereo

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

McHale went on to be head of global public relations for the MINI brand before moving to the US in 2000 to head up the public relations introduction of MINI to the US.

this is a very good thing for Subaru. MINI was a non-existent brand and was created from scratch. The marketing behind the cars is top-notch. This can only mean good things for Subaru as long as they hire a talented ad agency, like the one MINI had and VW just hired.

I am looking forward to the guy's post in "New Members Introductions"...

That would be cool!

I'm sure that's first on his list of things to do when he gets into the office!

McHale hold a bachelor's degree in engineering and a master's degree in engineering business management. He is married with two children and lives in New Jersey.

Please tell me that this wasn't a straight copy and paste and the guy didn't put out his first press release (or approve it) with a typo in it... :icon_eek: That's just... bad.

-Coelli

It saved Chrysler. I bet GM wishes they had such a vehicle.

Em well actually GM has 3 new RWD cars coming out in 08 as 09s including a RWD impala which will mean with dodge making charger cop cars, ford will have to do SOMETHING to the crown vic or lose all of its cop car business.

Em well actually GM has 3 new RWD cars coming out in 08 as 09s including a RWD impala which will mean with dodge making charger cop cars, ford will have to do SOMETHING to the crown vic or lose all of its cop car business.

Better than the Intrepid cop cars.

I wonder how the RWD Impala will sell. You take a big sedan like that and take away FWD, it wont sell the same. My dad got the Aurora in 1995 because it was large and FWD. Weather in PA is not friendly enough to have your primary vehicle be RWD.

Better than the Intrepid cop cars.

I wonder how the RWD Impala will sell. You take a big sedan like that and take away FWD, it wont sell the same. My dad got the Aurora in 1995 because it was large and FWD. Weather in PA is not friendly enough to have your primary vehicle be RWD.

RWD or not, the Impala better be several grades up from the new one I drove as a rental car. It has more rattles at less than 600 miles than my 10 y.o. Dodge.

And the Intrepid cop cars got bad press because some idiot used flammable brake fluid. Who wouldn't pull over for a cop with flaming brakes!?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

RWD or not, the Impala better be several grades up from the new one I drove as a rental car. It has more rattles at less than 600 miles than my 10 y.o. Dodge.

And the Intrepid cop cars got bad press because some idiot used flammable brake fluid. Who wouldn't pull over for a cop with flaming brakes!?

Thats strange, the rental impala i had this summer was quiet, solid and well built.. maybe you got a friday car.

Is that the same guy who told me subaru legacy owners would never want to upgrade their stereo

Yah, when I bought my car, I was told that it's no prob to pull out the factory unit to install my Alpine. WTF? Had to install it in the cubby above the radio. Now I have two radios in my car!:lol:

Archived