LegacyGT.com

To the person who doored my car yesterday.

This is exactly why I park far away where no other cars are parked. Its worth the longer walk to wherever you are going. (Not to mention more exercise)

+1 w/ wall/curb/tree/light pole/ etc... on one side.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've struggled with this many times, as well. My former car, a Trans Am, had about 4 digs and a minor keying.

I went through different stages of hate, then realized that Jesus, if he were here and in need of a car, would drive a 20-year-old Camry, and wouldn't care one bit whether or not it was dinged.

Our sports sedans are certainly not 20-year-old Camry's but; when you drive a nice car, you put yourself in such a non-christian position. Something about the eye of the needle and a camel--or a nice new car. Yep, that's it, you can't drive your new car through the eye of a needle to get to heaven.

This is not a lecture, I too drive a nice Legacy GT that I bought new, but rather this is just my coffee-inspired morning sermon.

--

I've struggled with this many times, as well. My former car, a Trans Am, had about 4 digs and a minor keying.

I went through different stages of hate, then realized that Jesus, if he were here and in need of a car, would drive a 20-year-old Camry, and wouldn't care one bit whether or not it was dinged.

Our sports sedans are certainly not 20-year-old Camry's but; when you drive a nice car, you put yourself in such a non-christian position. Something about the eye of the needle and a camel--or a nice new car. Yep, that's it, you can't drive your new car through the eye of a needle to get to heaven.

This is not a lecture, I too drive a nice Legacy GT that I bought new, but rather this is just my coffee-inspired morning sermon.

--

I don't think Jesus would even need a car though. :icon_bigg

The reality of this situation is this. Regardless of your beliefs, people are going to do wrong things. Its the nature of being a human. All we can do is accept the fact that not all people are going to act the way we want them to. Karma will take care of them.

After hearing her response, I realized that she thought it was perfectly fine to let doors touch and it wouldn't do anything.

I think this part of the problem: stupidity.

Also some people don't care b/c they drive a POS and have no concept of what it's like to own something nice.

It all goes hand in hand : stupid + lazy = sh1tty vehicle

Guest Gitster

--

You have got to be writing this from the west coast.

Guest Gitster
And driving a Prius.

Hahah, anyone see that Curb Your Enthusiasm episode, where Larry was driving around yelling Prius! at other Prius owners? Gold Jerry, Gold.

Guest Gitster
Jesus told me I should park here from now on, so I am.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/Coelli/parked.jpg

Do you work in Canton?

I had my local door ding remover guy take out 13 dents in my last Acura. They had been building up for about 2 years when I finally couldn't take it anymore.

He had the car all day and still only charged me 150 bucks. The car looked brand new after that. Some really big dents completely disappeared to the point where I couldn't pin-point where they had actually been. That was a job well done!

It's worth it. Don't forget to tip too if you are really happy with the results!

Last time i was taking a nap in my car while waiting for my gf, some guy parked in the spot next to me, open his door and hit my side mirror, left a big ass dent and paint chip, he hit me so hard that the car shook. I was like :eek: DUDE I'M RIGHT HERE IN MY CAR. He locked the door and walked away like nothing happened.

That was the 3rd time something like this happened to me... i got pissed and i took my keys and let out all the air out of his passenger side front tire, and then put the cap back.

And the next day, i saw black scratched lines all over the ground, looks like he tried to pull out of the parking spot and then drive back in when he realize that the rim is scratching the ground

That was the first and last time i ever did something like that... but some people just need to be teach a lesson...

Actually... i remember i was evil giggling when i was letting the air out of his tire.... :icon_twis

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Last time i was taking a nap in my car while waiting for my gf, some guy parked in the spot next to me, open his door and hit my side mirror, left a big ass dent and paint chip, he hit me so hard that the car shook. I was like :eek: DUDE I'M RIGHT HERE IN MY CAR. He locked the door and walked away like nothing happened.

That was the 3rd time something like this happened to me... i got pissed and i took my keys and let out all the air out of his passenger side front tire, and then put the cap back.

And the next day, i saw black scratched lines all over the ground, looks like he tried to pull out of the parking spot and then drive back in when he realize that the rim is scratching the ground

That was the first and last time i ever did something like that... but some people just need to be teach a lesson...

Actually... i remember i was evil giggling when i was letting the air out of his tire.... :icon_twis

Why didn't you get out of the car when he hit your car to begin with? I can't imagine how pissed I would be if I were in my car and someone hit it.

We need to get CSI on the case. Man i hate dings. I park as far away from other cars as possible. When i got my first din in my ram i was sick about it for days. I can never understand how people can be so ignorant. I'm always careful when i open my door. So when we go to the mall we take the wifes car. LOL

Another problem is that parking spaces are way too damn small. We have a home depot around here that has tiny spots. there was a code that said they had to have so many spaces for so much sq ft so they just made a ton of tiny spaces. I think they only cleared the minimum by a few.

While parked in the childcare facility parking lot (at work) I once returned to my truck to find the car next to me (an 05 Legacy owned by a wicked witch) with it's door flung open and resting against mine. Got really pissed when I realized that all of her bags were piled on my bed cover while she buckled her brat in!! Since I work with these people I really couldn't lose my professionalism - too bad she wasn't so kind.
My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

--

No offense, but I feel this is entirely out of line. I don't really care to hear how "unchristian" I am for buying a vehicle I enjoy (and used to spend more time in that I spent at home) or for trying my best to take care of my vehicle. Take the "sermon" to another forum. :icon_roll

Archived