LegacyGT.com

To the person who doored my car yesterday.

Reading this thread pisses me off so bad. About a month ago some asshole in a brand new Chevy Duramax parked next to me favoring my side of the white line while I was centered in my spot. Mind you, I park all the way and the end of the spot and he just so happened to park right next to me. I came out to notice the brand new truck sitting there and a 4" tall crease in my door from where is 4" tall door molding just so happened to slam into my door. If karma wasn't such a bitch for me I would have kicked the side of his door and left a size 12 dent instead I wrote a note and stuck it to his windshield.. it said "Out of all the spots in this lot, thanks for parking next to me and hitting my car with your door ASSHOLE!" Luckily I know a paintless dent repair guy from when I worked for Subaru to get it repaired but it is still going to be about $60 that I don't have. At least this is my one and only dent.

Here is a pic of of the truck and how I found him parked... You would think with a brand new $60k truck he would not want to even park next to someone let alone hit them with his brand new door.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/jvcjbl/0_IMAGE_004.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sucks man, somebody hit my rear drivers side door when moving out of their appartment left a small dent and a big area of red paint on my door, the one night I didnt cover my car like I always did cause i was at college http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/100_4479.jpg

Here is a pic of of the truck and how I found him parked... You would think with a brand new $60k truck he would not want to even park next to someone let alone hit them with his brand new door.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/jvcjbl/0_IMAGE_004.jpg

That exhaust just looks like it's begging for a big plug!

Sometimes you just wish you had some of that tape saying "Police - do not cross" and wrap the vehicle in it and then just go hiding around the corner and see what the owner does.

453747.png

omg people stinks! I live in montreal and I can't believe some stories people told me. A guy on a forum tolds us some 17 years old bum tried to steal is wheel while he was sleeping and they scratch all the car with it. They even wrote Thank you (in french) on the wing where they were trying to steel the wheel. All that on is brend new Passat. He showed us some picture I almost got sick.

(sorry for my english if there is some mistakes i'm french so i'm trying my best)

• 2 months later...

Seems like if I try to take car of my car I get more dings and if dont take care of my car I get less dings. I had my car for 1 year and already have 5 dings. Just got 2 dings yesterday. My gosh.

Anyone know rough estimate to getting it fixed? Do they repair and paint or do they just repair it?

Just read the last page or two of this thread:

1) Door defender = brilliant. Right now they have a special on the pink or green ones. ;):lol:

2) I would have caved in the door on the Duramax... and the bed, and the hood... I have no symathy for stupid people.

3) To the above post: find a paintless dent removal service in your area. I had a guy come right to my work and pop a football-nose dent (from the pats game... drunk a-holes) for $75 and I couldn't tell it ever happened. Luckily no dings since then. :)

haha why didnt you get out when he was right there and talk to him? You know what IIII hate is when your driving on the highway and all of a sudden you hear what sounds like a huge rock hits your hood (even though its probably a small pebble) and it leaves a big f-in dent :( :( :(

Should I go to PDR guy or should I go to detail shop who as can do PDR at the same time. Im not exactly sure how good of a job the guys a detail spot can do as to someone who does PDR all day. The spots I have dings also has scratches and paint scuffs.

This is exactly why I park far away where no other cars are parked. Its worth the longer walk to wherever you are going. (Not to mention more exercise)

it bugs me that i HAVE to do this... but i do. people are so inconsiderate of others property.

my blazer, i'll park anywhere i really don't care.

the LGT... if there is another car within 100ft, it's too close.

and i almost always come out of the store, with someone parked either right next to me, or one spot over. i try to park close to stores door first, end spot or tree/wall next to me like someone else pointed out. but end up parking in the back somewhere.

i just wish i could use my Dad's park anywhere Handicap placard lol. he gets great parking spots. but some of the handicap parked cars... i see why the owner has a handicap permit. they can't park worth a crap.

When I had a honda Civic, the hood popped open when I was driving 60mph and mangled it. I had to kick it back into place and tie it down with some rope until I could get it fixed. When I had the car parked at work like that, one of my coworkers accidentally backed into my hood one night. I could only imagine the look on his face when he saw the amount of damage :) He did the honorable thing, and left me a note. When I called him, I told him what really happened to my hood the day before and he was releived he didn't cause all the damage. I was impressed he left me a note so told him not to worry about the extra damage he caused.

:lol: that's funny. I'd have messed with him a bit. ;)

Oppamen - I had a great experience with a PDR guy, and so have alot of others I've heard from. Although there is a full service Chevy dealership around me that does it too, and they also run a detail shop as well. I think the quality of the work should be the same if they're both knowledgeable. In my case, the dealer would have probably been a bit more money and I would have had to bring the car in on my own time, whereas the PDR guy came right to my work.

Archived