LegacyGT.com

Insurance Question

groff

Just bought a lgt, and this is the first time I personally have had to deal with getting insurance. I'm going to pick up the car and drive 6 hours home later this week, am I able to get insurance on a vehicle before I have the title in hand though? tia-

Just talk to your agent and you'll be covered. At least that's how mine has always worked. I call him, tell him I'm going to pick up another car, give him the new VIN and he replies "you're covered".

+1. Ask the seller for the VIN, call your agent, and you'll be good to go.

On a related note, what are you doing for a license plate? Did you hit up your DMV for a 'temp tag'? Or is the seller going to let you use his tag to drive home on?

Congrats on the purchase!!! :)

i'm gonna use his plates to get home on, and do the DMV paperwork routine Friday hopefully so I don't have to wait on the holiday

thanks for the quick responses!

do you know the seller personally? Cause thats really, really nice (and if the seller doesnt know you, really really stupid.)

No way a car would leave my posession after I sold it with plates, registration, or inspection stickers.

if you have a receipt or signed title for the purchased car you don't need plates to drive home yes you might get pulled over but thats it. you also have 48 hrs. to contact your insurance agent if you have a policy though them. btw that seller is a dumb ass for letting you use his plates, long story. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 1 month later...

Archived