LegacyGT.com

Official Newport Blue Thread

Magic

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, that depends on what drive I'm making. My drive to work is less than 3 miles so I prefer the 240 for that. I don't mind flogging it for that short distance..Anything longer (6 miles to my parents or beyond that) I prefer the legacy. But if I were to compare ride comfort, acceleration, and overall performance, I'd take the legacy any day. The 240 is that fun weekend car that if I blow the engine I can tear it down and rebuild it without any problems

Subscribing because I just put money down on an ABP Limited 2.5i Wagon...

Pick it up either Wed/Thurs when the dealership gets it in.

Anyone have a pic of it w/the RBS grill? I am going to get my black one repainted I think...or should I leave it black? That would be a different (probably ugly) look!

Guest Gitster

Oooook, Soo today I changed my oil, and I decided to install my Hella Supertones. With the airbox out, I also removed the intake silencer. I also debadged my DIY grille cause the Subie Badge has been crooked ever since I gorilla glued it on when hacking up the original grille. I also quick painted the grille where it was damaged from removing the badge. So here it is ....... (No light out so I tried the night settings on my Cannon Eos, Ill get better shots tommorow.)

IMG_0229.jpg.fda473ccd43e614019980553c0e86474.jpg

IMG_0235.JPG.b6cb13fcaed0d239494be64bcd53c195.JPG

IMG_0241.jpg.52871aaaf30c3f5ff5e6617a1057179c.jpg

IMG_0242.JPG.d07c781a25d561675d5f5197d5006d92.JPG

Guest Gitster
Subscribing because I just put money down on an ABP Limited 2.5i Wagon...

Pick it up either Wed/Thurs when the dealership gets it in.

Anyone have a pic of it w/the RBS grill? I am going to get my black one repainted I think...or should I leave it black? That would be a different (probably ugly) look!

I was thinking of going all black, but the chrome matches the chrome in the headlights. Im considering getting some Rotas like BigJack. Probably a darker color, maybe gunmetal. When I do that I am going to black out the headlights and mayyybe black out the whole grille, we'll see.

Picked up the car yesterday...and love it!

The NPB looks great in the sun! I have already received a couple compliments ont he color.

Plan to install the RBS over the weekend I'll throw up some pics of what it looks like then.

Do you agree that pictures don't do it justice? I get tons of compliments everywhere i go. Most ask if its an acura....maybe i need to put SUBARU across the windshield lol

Ps...the taupe interior is nice looking but really a B to keep clean..im hoping its nice this weekend to scrub mine

Guest Gitster
Yeah if you look at our 3 avitars, it kinda looks like 3 different colors. Haha. Yeah i havent seen a picture that picks up the metallics. Its hot.

A couple random shots...

Picked it up last Wednesday and did the following on Saturday

-Debadge

-Tint

-RBS grill - Black for now...its growing on me actually!

-WRX wheels

Hard to believe how different this car looks from pic to pic...I really have grown to like this color!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/shadshafer/IMG_0451.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/shadshafer/IMG_0449.jpg

I have a couple of threads going right now so I am sharing the wealth:lol:

Guest Gitster
The colors awesome congrats. Don't you hate the color of the fog light bezzels??? I love how the older Lgts have color matched ones but we have shitty dull black ones, im thinking about painting them.

At first I didn't care for them...thought of it as Subaru going cheap. But then Weasel pointed out that is how all the Euro models do it...I don't mind them as much now w/the grill.

On another note this morning on my way in I hear a big rock or piece of salt or something hit my front end. I get out at the gas station and notice a 2-3 inch scratch on the bumper that hit hard enough to leave an impression in the plastic! The mark rubbed right off. ARGH! its a f'ing week old for cryin out loud! I hate living in Chicago!!!

Guest Gitster
Crap mannn ...... I was going through the taco bell drive through Monday (in some snow as well) and right after I pulled through after ordering I heard an AWFUL loud WTF come from my rear. I know I didnt hit the curb, I wasnt even accelerating quick. I pulled around and NOTHING, no damage. It still scares me, I have no Idea what happened. Im thinking maybe there was a sewer grate under the snow that came out of position and maybe my wheel dropped a few inches and the grate made some noise. I dunno, No cosmetic damage, I guess Ill have to check the undercarriage today.

• 2 weeks later...
You need some Fog Lights.

I can't stand the stock fogs...too small.

i think i am rubbing in the back..i only drove it home from work today not very long. I think it might be the molding of the wheel well.

Im hoping to get my grill monday.....should look hot