LegacyGT.com

Official Newport Blue Thread

Magic

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my Craptastic Photos. I can't imaging having this car WITHOUT the mudflaps on our dirt road...

http://www.lot-o-nothin.com/pics/lgt/lgt_front_side.jpg

http://www.lot-o-nothin.com/pics/lgt/lgt_side.jpg

http://www.lot-o-nothin.com/pics/lgt/lgt_rear_side.jpg

http://www.lot-o-nothin.com/pics/lgt/lgt_rear.jpg

Guest Gitster
Nice pics, might be the best ones to Rep NBP yet. Really got the gloss goin. Hey do you want want to trade Driver side, side view mirrors?? Mine weighs less :lol:

That suckers sitting high

It'll probably stay that way for a while - wifes daily driver. My photo angles didn't help either. The 07 GT wheels look much better in person. The photos make them look pretty bad. They aren't my favorite, but they are good enough for now.

The mirrors? meh - I'll keep these. Too many old (I like old people, they are an asset to the community - when they aren't driving!) people where I live. the entire side of the car should light up for anyone to see you around here!

Guest Gitster
Yeah the problem is with NBP, I cant find it listed anywhere. I dont want an ABP mirror. Plus I only broke some of the black molding on the mirror side, nothing happened to the actual mirrors funtionality so I have done anything else about it. Occasionally people notice, thats about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gitster
Cleared my headlights today :)

Nice, I like how that looks. If I were to clear the headlights I would probably do a HID conversion at the same time though. But it looks much better without the amber in there. Good job :)

Eric

Guest Gitster

Thanks !!

It really wasnt that difficult, the grille comes off in 2 minutes, the bumper comes off in 10. Headlights arent hard either, the difficult part was getting the headlight apart.

I was VERY cautious with the oven. I tried 160 degrees. I did it for 5 minutes, wasnt even close, then tried it a few more minutes at a time, prying more and more each time until the seal really broke. I finally turned the oven up to 200, a good 10 minutes later check it. Might need a few more minutes depending on elevation?

That silicon is messy, you gotta watch out, I recommend disposable gloves. The screws (7) that hold the actual headlight together. I would go invest in the correct bit, 2 or 2.5 mm Torx bit. I used a 2mm allen wrench, but the thing is tiny and hard to get good leverage. I basically destroyed the screws with the combination of the 2mm allen, needle nose vice grips and my leatherman. If I was going to open them again, I would go purchase new screws and get the proper bit to get them out.

Im thinking HIDs, but maybe just yellow HID fogs and keep the headlights. A much easier installation. And the downfall of the lighting it the foglights, not the headlights. :)

Guest Gitster
Piss off turbo guys? Naa You're loss. By the time you upgrade everything you could have just bought the GT to begin with. I don't care either way, just givin' you a hard time

Who were you replying to, or was that posted in the wrong thread? Heheh.

• 2 weeks later...
Earlier in this thread I had posted Winter pictures of my LGT wagon with the factory 17" wheels. I finally got to install my new summer wheels so thought I'd post some new pics. These are the 18" 5Zigen SC3000 wheels in hyper black.

FrontLeft.thumb.jpg.397e3c8eda403c076d1083b626a5e592.jpg

FrontRight.thumb.jpg.727c5b05dd41e7471782469e305f7957.jpg

RightSide.thumb.jpg.cc96616d3632a976cfd6d107eb516cc5.jpg

Offset.thumb.jpg.dde8889049b11803497202043eed5bf0.jpg