LegacyGT.com

Official Newport Blue Thread

Magic

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gitster
Here are some interior pictures, I'll take some more if you want them but it'll have to wait till this weekend. the car is going into the shop for some warranty work.

Eric

Eric how did you get those steering wheel controls?? Factory installed? And why is your interior so clean?

from 5 minutes ago. LOL...now that its nice out i can straighten the left muffler. I had someone else drive it away from me today...it sounds really nice. Its just he mufflers from the ETD exhaust on ebayhttp://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f280/gpzjack/APRIL07017.jpghttp://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f280/gpzjack/APRIL07018.jpg

Ive been going back and forth about getting a trunk lip spoiler...not sure what i wan to do. I'll probably get the front lip soon and start on the stereo. I really like the way it looks right now. I think the drop is just right. I get tons of compliments on it.

Eric how did you get those steering wheel controls?? Factory installed? And why is your interior so clean?

Bought it from phoenixperformance who took 2 Spec Bs and stripped them for race cars, plus a dinner to my friend who works near Phoenixville, PA and picked up the wheel for me. Then just about 2 hours of labor to put it in..though definitely can be done in under and hour, I was just being stupid. :spin:

Its probably so clean because I have 3 cars to drive and only work 2.5-3 miles from home so I don't always drive in. There are some areas where I would like to get some leather cleaner on it (stupid service guys.....) but its not so bad that I feel the need to do it right now. I'm thinking about picking up Evilg's Wood grain MOMO wheel he has for sale so I can match the wood accents of my interior but that depends on if he ever puts up better pictures of the potential scratches in the leather.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tinted or blacked out their headlights? I'm thinking about tinting using film to match up with the hood protector and I'm curious how it looks.

though i'm not NBP, but have you seen my pictures or anthy's? we're both ABP and blacked out headlight

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I know, but on the 07 + theres is so much to black out...I think I'd pick up a set of 05's and mod those. Have you had any problems with condensation after opening them?

Eric

I know, but on the 07 + theres is so much to black out...I think I'd pick up a set of 05's and mod those. Have you had any problems with condensation after opening them?

Eric

basically it wouldn't matter if you paint the 05 or 07

because on the portion where it's already black on the 05 headlight, you'd still need to paint over them too

so it doesn't really matter

no, i was one of the lucky ones, no condensation after opening them up :redface:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

That looks great. That's the look I'll be going for. I may try a different route though. I'll probably just put some rockblocker (smoke) over the headlights, tails and fogs...and go with the eyelides...see how that comes out...

Brian-

Finally got a chance to wash and wax the car this weekend..In the next couple of weeks I'll strip it back down to the paint and polish it (got a couple of scratches on the drivers side skirt, and some other almost unnoticable scratches around the body.

badparking.JPG.a795f8c88e7a9331213d1e95601c6806.JPG

turningout.JPG.abd5a38eb22f8150a33f9647a1117ccf.JPG

lookingback.thumb.jpg.12d9a75305b269460116ae810616d752.jpg

shineyeyes.JPG.ed3d6109048dfa6b9337bcbdc488a87c.JPG

sunemerges.JPG.e7fd8f4f5bc92c49e563afce65e43519.JPG