LegacyGT.com

those who traded in STi/EVO for the LGT

I don't remember who said the Sti limited is as comfortable as the Legacy interior, but it boils down to this, the sti limited is still merely a leather clad impreza while the legacy interior is a whole different beast, no matter how you dress and impreza up it won't match a new legacy GT interior on merit of interior room, amenities, sound insulation and the other comfort knick knacks.

Ed

+1,,,Well said Ed

I seen it like this, you can make a LGT into everthing an STI is performance wise, but you can make a STI into everything a LGT is comfort wise.

maybe vs. a stock STI, but if they were both modded, i'm sure there are more limits for the LGT than the STi?

Well since we have about the same block. The only limitations I see is in the legacy you have to change the tmic, in sti you can keep it for well past 320 whp. I bet it would be very similar numbers if a legacy and sti both had the same mods (except for maybe the intercooler). The legacy may be a little faster because of the 5speed but also be prone to break because of the weaker trans.

I'm pretty sure It would be similar. Just look at some of the leggy build ups by tdc or harman automotive. Then compare them to the sti counterparts. The outcomes should be pretty similar powerwise.

Stage 2 for stage 2 the sti will generally whoop our ass because they have a much more efficient stock tmic and larger stock turbo.

Yes the legacy weighs a little more. But if you lucked out and got the 5-speed unlimited then its not that much heavier and plus you dont have 5 and 6 overdrive gears. (yes the sti trans is stronger but the 5-speed is still faster)

I can't see why there could be more than a 20 whp (or more less) between a big turbo setup on an sti versus a legacy.

what about the body? chasis? wheel base? weight? don't those come into affect?

it's almost like comapring the G35 and the 350z

plus the STi has DCCD, and wouldn't that be a factor as well?

It all depends on what your trying to do. Weight is not much of a factor, there's only like a 70 pound difference. Strait line excelleration, we're talking modded so the TMIC is ditched rather quickly anyway. But same power mods larger turbo, FMIC etc, the car will have the same or similar excelleration (same long blocks). On the road course you can make an argument for both setups the rear suspension setups are complety different with pros and con for both (upgraded suspension for both).

I don't remember who said the Sti limited is as comfortable as the Legacy interior, but it boils down to this, the sti limited is still merely a leather clad impreza while the legacy interior is a whole different beast, no matter how you dress and impreza up it won't match a new legacy GT interior on merit of interior room, amenities, sound insulation and the other comfort knick knacks.

Ed

I'll quote this in agreement.

After having installed an Infinity Basslink first in my STi and then again in my Spec B, the interior fit & finish are on two different planets.

My hands were fine after the Impreza install, but they were torn to shit after the Legacy install. Needless to say, the interior trim pieces were much tougher to move around in the Legacy, and it's a MUCH quieter interior because of it.

And for the record, I've also heard the next gen Impreza will be based on the Legacy platform. 2008 model year, I believe, but I have nothing to back that up -- info came from another board I'm on.

I don't think this is fair treatment of the STi.

I don't see how these cars can be compared at all. Of course the STi Limited is harsh. I came from an M3 - which was a spine garring nightmare but could it stay totally neutral in the twisties? Heck ya. Nose lift under power? Not a trace. Body roll? What's body roll?

There is no way you are going to pick up all the wonderful performance attributes of a stiff racing suspension without sacrificing daily driver comforts.

35 here

1. As an only car, I needed something a bit more versatile (more cargo space, etc)

2. Was hankering for something a little more "beautiful" in terms of appearance

3. Yearned for a little less negative attention (from ricers and LE)

4. The idea of leather, heated seats, and a gigantic sunroof was very appealing

All that said, I MISS MY STI EVERY FREAKING DAY. That car was just so much more fun to drive than any other car I've owned. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my LGT . . . it's deceptively quick and takes many people by surprise. All that and five people can mob in it VERY comfortably with gear. . . which we did at Oregon Trail Rally last April. I'll be buying another STi (hopefully this summer) but I just don't want to give up my Leggo to do it.

I never had an Evo or STi but I was considering the STi and the LGT. One of the main things the helped in my decision was the insurance.

For my age in New Jersey w/one ticket:

STi = $2200 annual (probably get anothe ticket)

LGT = $1100 annual

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived