LegacyGT.com

those who traded in STi/EVO for the LGT

I reluctantly traded 04 stg2 STi fr my 5eat GT.Im over 50

Reason,,,I played alot of football,lacrosse,baseball in my earlier years and now I'm paying fr it.My knees wont let me drive a a 6speed anymore.:( .

How are you coping with switching from MT to AT? I have to do the same due to an injury and hope that I don't hate the AT too much. I'm hoping that having some manual control over it helps.

How are you coping with switching from MT to AT? I have to do the same due to an injury and hope that I don't hate the AT too much. I'm hoping that having some manual control over it helps.

Well,,it's not fun going from a really smooth(by Subaru standards) 6 speed to the 5eat.Your gonna miss the manual tranny fr sure.But the 5eat isn't half bad,once you get a AP with a tune and some other mods, sorta/kinda makes it easier to deal with.

I traded in an '04 STi (TD06H-20G, APS FMIC, etc.). I just wanted a more comfortable car that attracted less attention, and I was bored and wanted a new project. :)

-Mike-

how effected were you by the import tuning craze?

isn't an STi a better platform to start with?

is the STI limited not as comfortable car as the legacy?

why is the legacy more comfortable?

i've driven the sti limited and it is NOT as comfortable as an LGT lmtd. no power seats (which i thought was stupid) and still quite stiff. not something i'd want to sit on all the time (i drive 85% of the time for my job). fun fun fun, but i still prefer the look and feel of my LGT 5EAT over it. i love manny tranny, and wish i had one now, but the 5EAT w/ sport shift, stg 2 TDC tune is quite fun still. i'll be working on an STI swap this winter, so i'm sure i'll be even happier come spring time. i still plan to eventually get my spec B and do the STI swap with that, but it will be later in the future. before the LGT, i've always had a manny tranny. i figured it was time to have a bit more of a grown up car that is more professional, sleek and well... sexy. i was 27 when i bought it last year.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

how effected were you by the import tuning craze?

isn't an STi a better platform to start with?

is the STI limited not as comfortable car as the legacy?

why is the legacy more comfortable?

How affected was I by the import tuning craze? What exactly are you asking? I've been into/tinkering on cars since the mid 90s (domestics), didn't own an import (Euro) until 1999, and finally had my first Japanese car in 2002. So, I've modified all types of vehicles.

It depends what you're looking for? A WRX/STi has a larger aftermarket, but there are still many parts available for the Legacy. For me, I already owned an STi and I didn't want another one. Better platform or not, it comes down to what you want to do with the car. I've already made my spec.B into what I want.

I wouldn't know about the STi Limited (I had an '04). In comparison to the '04 STi, the '06 Legacy spec.B has much more sound deadening, more comfortable (front) seats, nicer interior, and heated front seats.

From your questions, it seems that you should go out and test drive the cars to see which you like more...

-Mike-

I traded a 2005 STi for a 2007 LGT Spec B. I'm 27. Couple reasons, I didn't want to have to deal with the continually and perpetually failing STi rear struts, and I didn't feel like spending money on an aftermarket suspension.

The LGT has more interior room, the rear seats fold down, it has a sunroof, much nicer seats, and is much quieter and smoother.

I skipped the STI in 04 due to extreme boy racer looks of STI and could not get past the basic interior for $32K+. Instead purchased a leftover 04 WRX wagon at $21k which was easier to swallow.

However after seeing a STI Limited in the dealership it appears they have done a decent job of making a grown up STI . Too bad they could not make the hood scoop as nice as LGT's.

i've driven the sti limited and it is NOT as comfortable as an LGT lmtd. no power seats (which i thought was stupid) and still quite stiff. not something i'd want to sit on all the time (i drive 85% of the time for my job). fun fun fun, but i still prefer the look and feel of my LGT 5EAT over it. i love manny tranny, and wish i had one now, but the 5EAT w/ sport shift, stg 2 TDC tune is quite fun still. i'll be working on an STI swap this winter, so i'm sure i'll be even happier come spring time. i still plan to eventually get my spec B and do the STI swap with that, but it will be later in the future. before the LGT, i've always had a manny tranny. i figured it was time to have a bit more of a grown up car that is more professional, sleek and well... sexy. i was 27 when i bought it last year.

Right on. I'm 54, bought an 07 STI Limited, sold my wife's 02 Legacy L and gave her my 05 stage 2 LGT.

Mistake.

Even with upgraded springs and different tires, the STI LImited does not make it for me. Harsh, harsh, harsh. Seats are very uncomfortable and my back kills me from the seats and the pounding.

It is fast and probably comparable to my stage 2 LGT and has much more performance potential. I like the gearing, transmission, clutch and brakes better than my LGT.

BUT IT IS NOT COMFORTABLE. And, the interior is nothing to write home about. Almost every time I drive it I long for my LGT. I have driven them back to back and I prefer my LGT.

Most likely trading it for an 06 G35x for my wife so I can have my LGT back (which she will reluctantly give back though she has "bonded" with "Pearl") :lol: .

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

STI is not about comfort but amentities are nice. I am not sure if I'd want it as my daily driver if I drove much either. Our LGT Wagon gets 16k/year while my WRX Wagon is getting about 5k/year since I telecommute 100%. I never have seen my current manager of two years and any coworkers.

I am much happier with the fact I bought a legacy. I test drove a new WRX just to see how they drive. I was not impressed with the interior or the ride. I was sold on the Legacy GT after I test drove a LGT wagon. Thats all they had in the lot. I then ordered the LGT sedan.

I am 27 and switched from an STI to an OBXT w/ a 5MT. I had an '02 then an '03 WRX. After deciding I wanted something more 'luxurious', I opted for an '04.5(when they changed to the cool wheels, brakes, and suspension) C230K Sedan w/ a 6MT. I had that car for 6 months and hated it.....in Philly I think 1 out of every 10 people now drives a C-Class and thinks they are a baller......FYI you can buy them new cheaper than an STI. Anyway, I then went to an STI. As much as I loved that car (and still miss it), it was just WAAAAYYYYY too stiff an unpractical for me because I spend 90% of my day in my car and the roads in downtown Philly are 'that bad.' It was painful and...oh yeah I got married so you know....

I needed an SUV. I needed a turbo. I needed something that was comfortable and not too bling. I needed a manual tranny (all I ever drove and actually prefer it in the City in any car with less than 350hp). I LOVE MY OBXT. Debadged and with BBS's....it kicks a$$. I think a Boxter will compliment it eventually for the fun factor.

I have driven my buddies 06 STI a lot and I am not sure you could compare the LGT and STI..they are just 2 completely different cars. The STI is edgy, fast and rough. The LGT is smooth, pretty quiet and quick.

I went with the spec B because it does not attract a lot of attention, if comes fully loaded (w/Navi) and when you are not driving hard, the car is completely docile..almost Honda Accord like. But once you get on it tho, it handles fairly well (in stock form) and above average with springs and better sways. It is a complete sleeper.

STI is just on the edge all the time..it is hard not to drive the thing fast, it sounds fast, looks fast and rides like it looks. Considering 95% of the time I am driving "normally", I think what the Spec gives up in performance, it more than makes up for it comfort and practicality.

I have driven my buddies 06 STI a lot and I am not sure you could compare the LGT and STI..they are just 2 completely different cars. The STI is edgy, fast and rough. The LGT is smooth, pretty quiet and quick.

I went with the spec B because it does not attract a lot of attention, if comes fully loaded (w/Navi) and when you are not driving hard, the car is completely docile..almost Honda Accord like. But once you get on it tho, it handles fairly well (in stock form) and above average with springs and better sways. It is a complete sleeper.

STI is just on the edge all the time..it is hard not to drive the thing fast, it sounds fast, looks fast and rides like it looks. Considering 95% of the time I am driving "normally", I think what the Spec gives up in performance, it more than makes up for it comfort and practicality.

...What he said:icon_mrgr

Im 27 now. I had an 03 Evo 8 and crashed it. Went with a 06 Spec B with the insurance money and love it. You cant compare the interior to the Evo 8 and LGT...Evo=Nothing Spec B LGT=Everything. No harrassment from cops and the ride quality when im in my LGT is great. I wanted another project as well. I like a good challenge and the LGT was up for the task due to the limited availabilty in parts and interest in our cars (LGT). If your looking for a full blown out tuner car the Evo/Sti has an endless support group that will help you through. For example, just go to your local Barnes n Nobles magazine rack and your sure to see all the import mags with features and projects of Evo's and Sti's. LGT's are deffinitely tunable, but it will take alot more time and money depending on what you want to do. If you want to pimp the older chicks, then the LGT is the way to go LOL. I have a 93' legacy as my daily driver and my 06' spec B to pimp. Its a nice sight on my driveway. Good Luck...but i think you'll like both rides. Just get both Evo/Sti and LGT!

I don't remember who said the Sti limited is as comfortable as the Legacy interior, but it boils down to this, the sti limited is still merely a leather clad impreza while the legacy interior is a whole different beast, no matter how you dress and impreza up it won't match a new legacy GT interior on merit of interior room, amenities, sound insulation and the other comfort knick knacks.

Ed

Most likely trading it for an 06 G35x for my wife so I can have my LGT back (which she will reluctantly give back though she has "bonded" with "Pearl") :lol: .

Get an 07 = 305 HP!!

Hehheheeh if that baby had an AWD system on it, I would have gotten it instead of my grocery hauler...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived