LegacyGT.com

Rockford 3sixty.2....who has expertise on this or expertise on stock Radio?!

f85stealth

Hey everyone im getting ready to install a 3sixty.2 into my legacy gt. Just wnated to know a couple things before i started ripping everythign apart. With the factory component set in the front doors how are the wired? Is the factory radio have the crossover built within or is it external before it hits the speaker. I would assume its in the radio. Now here's my problem. To my knowledge the 3sixty has to have a full range signal in order for it to work properly well umm....shit...now there is non...so what do i do? I paid bookoo bucks for this thing and i wondt be able to get it to work right. The only logical thing i can see in my head is that i take the rear speakers wire them into the front speakers and then lose my fader but now i will have my full range signal. Arggg. Also another about this stupid processor the remote knob only controls system volume when the aux line is connected so know i have no means of bass control....i cant win. Anyone installed one of these before and have some better advise then what i came up with?

ope tell me how you like it! i have one sitting in my room waiting on me to install and such. i have another amp to buy yet sooo im planning on next month. any tips for getting around the menu's or anything you have let me know! :)

If the tweaters are wired anything like My baja was, haven't torn out the door pannel to check, but it was just fed off the Front left and right channels and then has a resistor to block out the lower frequancies.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

If the tweaters are wired anything like My baja was, haven't torn out the door pannel to check, but it was just fed off the Front left and right channels and then has a resistor to block out the lower frequancies.

That would be perfect if that was the case. I guess im just going to have to rip into it to find out. That geocities site was a lil helpful but i have a 2006 so i dont know if anythign has changed from 05 especially with the NAV audio feeding the system. Thanks eveyone so far

I have an 06 and I got my forward and reverse harnesses from that site. So it should be correct. It only has Front Left and right; and Back left and right from the stock head unit.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Hey everyone im getting ready to install a 3sixty.2 into my legacy gt. Just wnated to know a couple things before i started ripping everythign apart. With the factory component set in the front doors how are the wired? Is the factory radio have the crossover built within or is it external before it hits the speaker. I would assume its in the radio. Now here's my problem. To my knowledge the 3sixty has to have a full range signal in order for it to work properly well umm....shit...now there is non...so what do i do? I paid bookoo bucks for this thing and i wondt be able to get it to work right. The only logical thing i can see in my head is that i take the rear speakers wire them into the front speakers and then lose my fader but now i will have my full range signal. Arggg. Also another about this stupid processor the remote knob only controls system volume when the aux line is connected so know i have no means of bass control....i cant win. Anyone installed one of these before and have some better advise then what i came up with?

3Sixty does not need a full range signal from any single channel. It will create a full range signals from the ones you provide.

When you run OEM setup, it will show you a plot of before and after so you can see what it did.

3Sixty does not need a full range signal from any single channel. It will create a full range signals from the ones you provide.

When you run OEM setup, it will show you a plot of before and after so you can see what it did.

well if the whole capacitor thing is true for the tweeter which i could believe then i have no issues. And yes you do need a full range signal if you think about it how can he processor just come up with out of then air the other frequencies it needs. Plus the rockford tech support told me so :icon_bigg

well if the whole capacitor thing is true for the tweeter which i could believe then i have no issues. And yes you do need a full range signal if you think about it how can he processor just come up with out of then air the other frequencies it needs. Plus the rockford tech support told me so :icon_bigg

Note: My post said "Does not need a full range signal from any SINGLE channel". If you provide a tweet mid and bass, 3Sixty will sum those channels together to provide you 5 (plus sub) full range outputs.

Note: My post said "Does not need a full range signal from any SINGLE channel". If you provide a tweet mid and bass, 3Sixty will sum those channels together to provide you 5 (plus sub) full range outputs.

not true but i wont argue the point lol:)

Let me state my credentials:

Tony Janke

Rockford Corp Design Engineer

Recent Product: Rockford 3Sixty

Response: It is true... :icon_bigg

Yes you can sum the signals together to get a full range signal....but my point was i wanted my fader and balance controls. When this is wanted you must send a full range signal from every source (front L, front R, Rear L, Rear R) then you can sum the sub. Now if that statement isnt true u need to get on ur tech guys butts, for giving false info!

This is a non-issue in the Legacy... the head unit outputs four full range signals (front left and right / rear left and right). You only lose fading with the 3Sixty when you use its summing capabilities, so don't worry about it. The OEM subwoofer piggy backs off the rear channel outputs of the radio, it is not a dedicated set of channels.

Whether you use a 3Sixty or a CleanSweep CL441dsp, your fading capability will remain intact. Either product works well in our cars and can serve as the starting point for a killer aftermarket system.

Best regards,

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

Hey, Janke... go design something will ya? :icon_bigg

No, dont use it day in and day out but proper phasing is a must especially when i will be running an RTA on it.

Perfect, then use the 3Sixty's delay and independant output level features to align your soundstage. You can adjust the output level of every speaker up to 40dB in 1 dB incriments and delay any channel (except subwoofer) up to 5' in 2" incriments. Those tools should help you out much more than simple balance and fader control.

Let us know how it turns out! :icon_cool

Did you guys miss the part where I said this is a non-issue in the Legacy?

YOU WILL STILL HAVE FULL USE OF YOUR FADE AND BALANCE WITH THE 3SIXTY (or with a CleanSweep CL441dsp).

Stop worrying about it and get on with doing your system. :icon_bigg

oh i was just aggreeing lol i read your post, almost quoted saying nice info and what not...

i actually have the 3sixty.2 sitting in my room waiting. i am waiting on my last amp to come in (was backordered :() next month i should be on my way.

im anctious and nervous all in one about messing with the little processor lol, i havent messed with something quite so complex as far as tuning goes soooo i hope i fly instead of falling ahhahah!

Archived