LegacyGT.com

What's ur top speed?!!!

[quote name='Magowin']I don't understand this but Car & Driver states it's Governed at 136mph but this test states it does 0-150mph in 26.2 seconds. Link is below if anyone want's to check it out. [url="http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=6"]http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=6[/url][/QUOTE] I think that's a typo, there is no way this car will go from 100 to 150 in 10.2 seconds. Stay safe people, things happen really quickly at some of the speeds mentioned in this thread.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't the '05 legacy have a "black box" so the dealerships can retrieve data on how aggressively you drive, how fast u accelerate, and how fast u drive? I heard about this but im not sure if it's true. If it is im sure more than 1 warranty will be voided. :(

[quote name='KayGT']Doesn't the '05 legacy have a "black box" so the dealerships can retrieve data on how aggressively you drive, how fast u accelerate, and how fast u drive? I heard about this but im not sure if it's true. If it is im sure more than 1 warranty will be voided. :([/QUOTE] If it's like the other ODBII units I've owned, it doesn't keep a record of everything you do. It takes a historical snapshot of the moment that a failure happened when your CEL lights up. If you are WOT at redline when a CEL pops up, the dealer will be able to see this as well as 50-100 other parameters at that moment. I can't remember if the data persists after the CEL goes out or not. [i]On my GTP when I cracked a piston, the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) indicated that I had a spark problem in that cylinder. I did in fact find that the spark plug was cracked. I also found the exhaust manifold was cracked. I found a piece of the piston in another cylinder as well. !:eek:[/i] ODBIII is rumored to potentially have not only more history storage and Police intervention mechanisms. But you know how rumors are.

• 4 months later...
If my car were to have gone up to a speed of 136-8, it would have stopped, due to the limiter, but thats only hypothetical because i've never been that fast. On the C&D you'll notice no car has a top speed of 150, yet they all posted times for doing it, i agree with the above mentioned post, i would guess thats a time for 0-120 mph. The only real chance of removing the govenor is doing an ECUTECK or AP from what i gather. I wouldn't expect much more top end though from that, because if i hypothetically drove to the governed limit i wouldn't have had many rpm's left....but if i hypo get the AP and do a stage 2 LGT (UP,DP and AP), i will post a hypo ungoverned top end.. However, my last car which was a 98 camaro buried the speedo at 155 in 3rd gear with about 400 rpm's left..and of course 4th gear...i'll tell you now thats fast..real fast..especially with the t-tops off :)..leaves your scalp all tingly like selson blue....all of that is hypo of course..

[quote name='Magowin']I don't understand this but Car & Driver states it's Governed at 136mph but this test states it does 0-150mph in 26.2 seconds. Link is below if anyone want's to check it out. [url="http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=6"]http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=6[/url][/QUOTE] I believe it should say 120mph.

[quote name='Legacy05GT']Comeon SOMEONE w/ the Access port take it balls-to-the-walls yet? We need confirmation on whether or not the electronic governor is taken care of.[/QUOTE] It isn't! Just gets there faster!

i just put one on my L-GT, did not have a chance to go that fast after the install (had it up to indicated 140mph and hit the governor before the AP though). on the other hand, my F-XT with AP still had the governor at 130mph, just like in stock form. that leads me to believe that the governor is still on even with AP installed... unless you get the AP Programmer [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I've gotten mine up to around 135mph before my reflash. My speed limiter was removed, or rather reset to 300 mph, so I'll go as fast as the motor and gearing will allow now. I'm thinking something in the neighborhood of 150-ish. I don't know if I'm willing to risk life and license to find out the exact number.

I hit the speed limiter somewhere between an indicated 135 and 140. Then I got on the brakes hard and slowed down to what I felt like was a crawl, but was actually 70. :D -Nick

yeah i really dont want to go above 100 or so cuz wen im on the highway i dont want to be like "shit im goign so sloww get the fuck out of my way," look down and see that im doing like 90 lol -alex top speed so far 90 while on a high way in a 65, passing some one :-d 518 miles on my lady

Wow, maybe I'm just getting old.. I've only been up to about 110-115 ish and only for short periods. I'm not willing to really risk the triple digit speeding ticket some cop would LOVE to hand me for those kinds of speeds. My last car saw 130's almost on the regular (ford zx2 s/r) hope everyone is using good judgement at these speeds though..

Well... *ahem*. My "friend" has an LGT with a ECU reflash and he told me that he took it just past 135 before easing off. No govenor to speak of and about 5200 RPMs-ish. She was still pulling hard and felt like she had more to give, so my "friend" says! I used to own on old school Acura Integra VTEC (1993) that I maxxed out at 135 (pinned so might have been 136 but speedos are notoriously inaccurate) but it took forever to get there after 125, felt like her rear end was on McDonald's dinner trays and attached to a hot air balloon and was gonna come apart at the body seams! The LGT? It was impressively stable at that speed. Impressively. *ahem* or so my "friend" said... Reade

I just hit 120mph yesterday. Based on what I'm seeing, supposedly the speed limiter is around 130 to 140? can this limit be removed? if so how (and does it void the warranty?) I hit the rev limiter every now and then when in 2nd (I think its around 6500, I'm not sure because had I been watching the tach, I would have shifted sooner ;)

Hi. I hit 115 mph today... with my 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT... woohooo!!!... it was stable and felt like it had another 10 or so to give. Nice truck and that engine just pulls like crazy. So.... can't wait to get my LGT 5MT sedan (hopefully next week) and see what a great sport sedan can do. Boy am I excited! 2005 is going to be a fun year for me with cars and trucks!!!! :) I'l post pix as soon as I get her!! Cheers.

[quote name='nothingel']I just hit 120mph yesterday. Based on what I'm seeing, supposedly the speed limiter is around 130 to 140? can this limit be removed? if so how (and does it void the warranty?) I hit the rev limiter every now and then when in 2nd (I think its around 6500, I'm not sure because had I been watching the tach, I would have shifted sooner ;)[/QUOTE] 136 is the governed limit, about one needle width between the needle and the 140 mark on the speedo. It can be removed, from what i gather as soon as you do a stage one or two AP and probably the same goes for an ECUtek you should be rid of the govener. Warranty..if Subaru findsout you have either of those things and you run into mecahnical parts that fail that 'could' be cause by increased power or if you have ecu problems or related then yes, but it can only void things that are directly related to the mod. Throwing an extra 200 hp through exhaust and engine mods won't affect your warrantly if your windshield wiper arm fails or if your taillight gets condensation in it. Sorry if thats not clear. You can ask anyone who has the AP and see iff they know for sure if the limiter is gone, if not i am planning on doing the AP stage 2 soon, just have to finish off my credit card bills, kind of. Hopefully no later than the end of April. As soon as i do i'll find out what this thing is capable of. All of the afore mentioned is hypothetical of course.

I'm totally new to the idea of modding a car -- I know of them and know friends that have done things but lack specific knowledge. could you explain what "stage one or two AP" and ECUtek is? I'd be happy with a RTFM response ... but please point me to the manual to read :)

Archived