LegacyGT.com

What's ur top speed?!!!

[quote name='dustdr'][quote name='blacky'] :argue: [b][i]I think I would be very stupid to have proof of speed as a ticket. "Stupid Driver Law"[/i][/b] It's [b][i]not[/i][/b] all fuel and you are the first to call "Bull" on my "just kidding" claim. You are correct, I did not go that fast. In fact, I did not even purchase the 100+ Octane. The gas station was in Parker, AZ at the Colorado River and I assume that they have the super fuel available for "rocketship" speed boats. I just could not resist taking the photo and making use of it on this thread.:D[/QUOTE] :D photo is great, ....anyway if You decide to give try then look for C-2 fuel - it's 100 oct rated ( not sure) . But the cost is about $6.40/gal:p

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This car needs a 6th gear for highway cruising. Not that a 6th gear would help you with high mph (probably hurt), doing 3K at 75-80 is winding way too hard for good mpg. The quickness this car goes from 70-100 in 5th gear is amazing. Not too many sedans can do this in top gear.

[quote name='TLS']This car needs a 6th gear for highway cruising. Not that a 6th gear would help you with high mph (probably hurt), doing 3K at 75-80 is winding way too hard for good mpg. The quickness this car goes from 70-100 in 5th gear is amazing. Not too many sedans can do this in top gear.[/QUOTE] We should get together and see if we can get a group buy on a 6-speed tranny. Even a stock STI unit would probably suffice 90% of us.

Fastest ever was about 130 mph in a 1988 Corvette. It was 7:00 AM on my way to waterskiing on a Sunday morning. Open highway, flat, could see about 2-3 miles straight ahead.

Fastest in the FXT was 104 mph playing with a RAM pickup truck. I just happened to have the GPS on.

104mph.JPG.70fec7293dac87804f65cc2b93c6406d.JPG

• 4 months later...
ok..decided to ante up and try out the lgt's legs...152ish..the needle was just past the 150 hash mark. wasn't really gaining anything at that point so with a few more miles of track maybe 155...MAYBE..done legally on a closed circuit track.

[quote name='weekendracer']We should get together and see if we can get a group buy on a 6-speed tranny. Even a stock STI unit would probably suffice 90% of us.[/QUOTE] the 6mt would suffice 100% of us. its good for an infinite amount of power basically:)

[quote name='andrew.anderson']Does anyone have proof of their claimed speeds? Picture of speedo or speeding ticket or something? My 99 Legacy is limited at 110, i will take pics today at that speed and post. When we get toe 05 LGT over here we will get speeds at whatever we can safelly get it too.[/QUOTE] Speedos are notoriously inaccurate. I'd prefer a GPS readout, with a LGT dash in the background :D I drive fast enough on duty that speeding off duty doesn't thrill me anymore. I'd rather be doing 35 mph around a SOLO 2 circut.

[quote name='weekendracer']Speedos are notoriously inaccurate. I'd prefer a GPS readout, with a LGT dash in the background :D I drive fast enough on duty that speeding off duty doesn't thrill me anymore. I'd rather be doing 35 mph around a SOLO 2 circut.[/QUOTE] I agree that speedo's are inaccurate. How else could I be given a ticket for going 75 when my speedo says 67 :) Back to the point of the pictures though. There are some lifty claimes here and a picture, wether it is inaccuarate or not, is much more convincing them someone saying, "Fastest I went was 160." sure you did. Prove it.

• 1 month later...
Hit about 135ish down south I-95. Hit about 120 on a local 2-lane highway which shall remain nameless. That really was too fast for that road & I only hit that speed for a sec. Still, handles like a champ at that speed. No shaking, feels tight. Almost feels like you're going much much slower, like 60 mph.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• 1 year later...
I was traveling on the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Toll Road I-70) this weekend and got my LGT up to 140 mph at about 5500 RPMs. I still had another 1000 RPM's to go....too bad cars got in the way, I had to slow down. Surprisingly, it handled the high speed pretty well, the brakes were a little shaky but not too bad.....(I need to upgrade to bobcats OR Brembos if i can front $2Gs)

Archived