LegacyGT.com

Wiring power outlet in console to stay on?

Garandman

I'd like to change the wiring so that the power outlet in the center console stays on even if the key is off.

Is there a hot wire I could tap into in the vicinity? Anyone done this? Our Honda has it, and it's handy.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 1 month later...

At: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6890

the guy shows how he installed dual power outlets in a 90's OB.

He ran a wire directly from the battery through a relay. Instead of hooking into the circuit that would have it go on and off with the key, he left that off so it's hot all the time.

There must be a relay for the outlets in the center console and dash. Anyone have the wiring diagram to see what wire unlatches the relay when the power is shut off? If that could be disconnected or cut, they'd stay on.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Unfortunately, it appears that the relay and the ACC control line for it power many other things including:

• remote control mirror switch (FB-19)
  • seat heater relay, vanity mirrors (FB-20)
  • rear accessory power outlet, seat heater switch (FB-21)
  • front accessory power outlet (FB-22)
  • rear wiper motor (FB-23)
  • body integrated unit, rear washer motor (FB-24)
  • audio, clock (FB-25)
  • OP connector (FB-26)
  • front wiper motor, front wiper switch, front washer motor (FB-27)
  • body integrated unit (FB-28)
  • auto A/C control module, TCM (FB-29)

If you hardwire the relay on, all these other things will be on all the time. Particularly troublesome is the body integrated unit. It would be much more preferable to grab power for the outlet from a source near the radio.

Attached is an extract of the "vacation pix" showing the power supply, fuse blocks, accessory relay (controlling FB-19 through FB-22), front power outlet, and audio system. I hope it helps.

--Lee

Power.pdf

I think it is in the fuse block. Did you not see the part about jumping that relay would cause all kinds of things to be on all the time? That relay is not dedicated to the power outlet(s).

Archived