Yet another retro

mr_luv

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
^^ Perhaps you can do more than 1 set?

nj man you know where to come...

the projector on the left looks very familiar :)

mr luv what are you running now? a rx330 / oem h7 hybrid? i'm very tempted to swap my bmw units for some tsx units. doubt i will bother though unless i get my hands on another set of lgt lamps

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

nj man you know where to come...

the projector on the left looks very familiar :)

mr luv what are you running now? a rx330 / oem h7 hybrid? i'm very tempted to swap my bmw units for some tsx units. doubt i will bother though unless i get my hands on another set of lgt lamps

now that i have been pndering for a long time...

but i went with the rx330 non-afs with 5000k and legacy lens... want to go clear lens tho...so we'll see...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

also...i can source at least one pair of rx330 non afs projectors if you guys are interested...

going rate is about 70-90 shipped

only other you will need from there is a set of d2s hid kit

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

retro looks good...

since all of that is gong to be hidden anyways...

now im tempted to swap a pair of afs ones...hmmm let me know if you see a big difference between the two projectors...

now that i have been pndering for a long time...

but i went with the rx330 non-afs with 5000k and legacy lens... want to go clear lens tho...so we'll see...

what are you running now a fresnel (ribbed) lens? that seems to be a DOT thing to help spread light, but it decreases down the road visibility generally. I too prefer a clear lens. cutoff is more crisp.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

looks like i just scored some 300ZX lens for a good price.

nice! be sure to post some reviews when you're done :)

I think i'd be happy with just the rx330 setup with the leggy lenses... i just want true HID... im not a HID nut like the ppl on hidplanet... lol

or even just the full rx330 setup, lense and all..

just finished testing out the tsx units i just retro'd in a cl. nice units. slightly brighter then my setup and slightly larger focused area. alot of yellow above the cutoff and not as crisp. close to a valeo unit, but just quite not there. valeos have such a precise crisp cutoff with intense blue and burple just above it.

other good news is the tsx units are extremely similar in size to oem units. I would say about 95% identical. the lens is the same size and has a nice chrome trim. would make a for a good retro. i plan on using them in some fellow nj members lgts.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey kiddies I got a chance to take some shots of the cut off from the ASF's I am working on Im not that happy right now looks like i have a flare near the step so im gonna have to figure that out also i was maybe 27 feet from the wall that also may have been a problem also but hey I am making progress I hope to be done by the end of the week. Oh decided to add a short warm up vid should had did the vid before the wall shots but here they are.

Pictures by mrluv1 - Photobucket

DSC00229.jpg.cf32229ad16fe92ba2c0a33553f9f797.jpg

DSC00228.jpg.8ea514df7621983c7b06e801299d48fb.jpg

Mr.350

thats a weird cutoff

yeah i cant figure it out. the jump on the left is becuase of the wall, the 2nd jump is the actual step or slope of the sheild, the 3rd is ?????, the 4th slope down is ????, and the final line matches up with the actual step or slope of the shield.

first one to figure it out gets a carrot

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

...mr_luv...I'll buy one of your custom headlight housing! Here is my list of mods that I want...biggest Lo beam lens (wider and farther than stock) with a 50 watts HID kit 4600K-4800K. Hi beams fitted with a 50 watts HID kit 4600K-4800K. Lo beam halo rings with on/off switch. Cleared corners with clear LED bulb that flashes yellow and last but not least, fix my fogs with a 50 watts HID kit and angle it up more...if possible aim it to the left and right more!

How much for all that...parts, labor & installation???

Thanks,

CRAZY KEN

Archived