LegacyGT.com

Yet another retro

mr_luv

yeah i cant figure it out. the jump on the left is becuase of the wall, the 2nd jump is the actual step or slope of the sheild, the 3rd is ?????, the 4th slope down is ????, and the final line matches up with the actual step or slope of the shield.

first one to figure it out gets a carrot

if I had to guess....

it looky likey the semiphore (moving shield) is moved SLIGHTLY into highbeam position... like something in the headlight housing is pressing up against it?

Hee hee hee.... ask me why I think this :icon_mrgr

Um- because when I was doing mine, I had a nearly identical cutoff, and that was my problem... the bottom of the projector was being contacted by the inside of the housing. It needed a little "finessing" to get it working right. Well, kind of. I am not liking it though, so I will re-do my whole dealio this spring.

Good luck soldier and cudos for having the cajones to do a retro in the first place!

Cheers,

Drew

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok I am almost done with the ASF they just dont wanna line up. So i went back to the non-ASF with 2washers for color and 300ZX crystal clear lens. here ya go guys. Solid color blues and purples and super sharp cut off.

DSC00233.jpg.4afb2bc915f6b197882296a54a2a81a5.jpg

DSC00234.jpg.30cb3f3b6b4c5c61289cae5bdb1d25e6.jpg

DSC00235.jpg.bbedeae55669489d39947b0fb805d4c2.jpg

Mr.350

I am running Stock wiring.

I notice on initial startup that there sometimes is a flicker or two before it stabilizes.... Is this because the stock wiring doesnt provide enough power?

Also did any of you adjust the headlights after the retrofit? Mine seems a tad high but nothing too major..

Would i have to take the bumper off again to adjust the headlights?

Or is there a spot where i can access the knob?

get an 8" phllips and go from the top of the head light...

i would take pics but i left all my tools in socal

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Someone post pic's up of the RX330 reflector housing (the cup) so that I can decide weather or not to actually purchase a set them or just continue with my d2s bulbs in the stock housing that I am currently ordering.

dont you already have H7 hids?

theres not going to be much different if any between is the d2s and h7 set up

the HId bowl will give you a wider beam and a beam that goes further

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

Correction these pic are of Hella 3" non Bixenon E55/Maxima?Linclon units here is a comparison of the 3 Units I have used minus the NON ASF due to they were in the car when the pix were taken.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/mrluv1/DSC00168.jpg

this is the results of a proper Lexus RX330 Cut off color modded with all the bells and wistles. You will not get these results with H7 and adapted bulbs.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachmen...3&d=1166137533

Mr.350

Hows your project comming Mr.ZKW

:lol:

TL projectors are huge for legacy housing, so it's need alot of time and work.

My current setup is nice, ES330 projectors with S2K working well.

Maybe I'll start my new retrofit next week. (TL+ZKW+Power Denso ballast) :icon_bigg

a ratcheting 8mm wrench is F$%$#% awesome for aiming our headlamps otherwise:stupid:

ya but cost of a racheting 8mm wrench > cost of an 8" phillips...

plus they made it so that you can easily use philips :icon_mrgr

Are the ES330's fully inclosed Like the ASF?

:lol:

TL projectors are huge for legacy housing, so it's need alot of time and work.

My current setup is nice, ES330 projectors with S2K working well.

Maybe I'll start my new retrofit next week. (TL+ZKW+Power Denso ballast) :icon_bigg

Mr.350

Archived