LegacyGT.com

Cash Out warranty

VTGT

The Subaru Gold warranty does work that way. You have to go to the dealer and get a form to fill out and mail-in. There is a $25 fee and they do pro-rate the balance refunded. I don't know what forumula they use to figure out the pro-rated amount. I also was told it is transferable if you sell the car and it requires notification in writing. I'm not sure if there is a processing fee involved for the owner transfer. The information is in the contract which I am not near right now to check for you.

I had the gold warranty on my '02 GT LT and here's how it works: They prorate the total mileage or age (whichever is to their benefit) from DAY FRIGGIN' ONE! :mad:

So if you bought a 6 yr/100k warranty and it was 85k in (like mine) in only 3 years, you got 15% of the warranty cost back. Now, I decided instead to advertise my car and offer it about $700 over KBB since for most people 15k was going to be at LEAST another year of B-to-B coverage. It worked and I got $500 over KBB excellent. They ended up using the warranty too when one of the head gaskets developed a leak (I believe it was that, either way it was a $1500 job completely covered). They were quite ecstatic and called me and thanked me for selling the car with the warranty. :D

EDIT: It was $35 to transfer for me. You have to do it within 30 days of the sale. Very easy and straightforward. They ended up even using the same dealer as I was so it was a matter of stopping by and dropping off the paperwork for me. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I had the gold warranty on my '02 GT LT and here's how it works: They prorate the total mileage or age (whichever is to their benefit) from DAY FRIGGIN' ONE! :mad:
Why the anger? What they do makes complete sense.

I will definitely be cashing in my gold warranty NOW. No sense in keeping it as I am modified. I luckily got my clutch taken care of but that's it.:icon_wink
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Why the anger? What they do makes complete sense.

Ohhh, I couldn't agree more! :D It makes total sense for them. As for the end user, it's a bunch of crock. Let me break it down:

B-to-B warranty is good till 36,000 miles. If you drive more then the normal (like myself) and you go through those 36k quick, buying an extended warrnaty makes sense. I thought so and when I asked what the warranty did for the first 36k, he said nothing, you're already covered by the factory. So, when I took it back in to get what was left of it they said 15%. Well, wait a minute, I thought the warranty started AFTER the original 36k since it did nothing for me the first 36k. Nope, I had double warranty coverage for the first 36k that I could do absolutely nothing with... great for them, bad for me. :( So I lost 36% of my warranty cost covering something that was already covered. :iam: Should I have gotten better clarification? Sure. I guess I thought logic would play a part and made what was really quite a logical assumption. Then again, we know what happens when you assume...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

LegGTLT: Subaru is no different than any of the other manufacturers or private insurers. I do understand your point - it is misleading and probably should be stated as an additional 3 year 64k (100 - 36) miles warranty, however, I don't know of any manufacturers or private extended warranty that stated the total years by excluding the original factory included B-to-B.

Look at the bright side - if you ever get another extended warranty you will know how to properly evaluate the number of years EXTRA over the B-to-B you are getting.

No wories, insurance is a scam and we all know it. ;):lol: I did get smart and went through my Credit Union for my '05 GT. They have a $120 optional fee you can pay that states that if you don't use your extra warranty you get ALL your cash back whenever you decide to sell or just want to cancel the warranty. That 10% investment (the warranty itself was like $1k) was worth it after dealing with the Subaru Gold warranty. As Chris Rock says:

"They just should call it 'in case sh*t.'

l give a company some money

in case sh*t happens.

Now, if sh*t don't happen,

shouldn't l get my money back?" :lol:

• 1 month later...

time to bump up the cash out thread while searching...

short story:

i'm getting an 05 w/ a 5yr/60k extended, for the $35 transfer fee...can the new recipient (me) of the extended cash it out (or just the original owner of the warranty)?

long story:

aka the car only has 38,900 miles on it, so the extended is roughly worth $250 hopefully, and the seller didnt realize he had the warranty when we i made the initial offer, so therefore he said if i wanted the warranty, i had to pay the transfer fee, if i didn't he'd cash it in and keep the money obviously. can I make out with an extra $215 in the end? or am I gonna be out $35, and out a warranty within a month when mods go on the car? thanks

Archived