LegacyGT.com

Agency Power Legacy GT SS Exhaust with Ti Tip hint

APMatt

I will clear the air with a few facts:

Agency Power and Vivid Racing are two very different companies. Vivid is a distributor and Agency is a manufacturing company. Anything that has happened in the past with Vivid should be but behind because from my understanding they have great service. I don't think any of you guys have ever had any problems with AP or Vivid.

AP is committed to producting quality products. If there are problems with AP products or service call me direct or PM me. That includes all of those who type AP=Vivid and so on. Funny how people post negative things about what they read on forums without knowing the truth.

As far as the exhaust goes...

We are listening to all of the comments that are posted and are working on different tip sizes and configurations. It is very important we don't make tips too large to melt the plastic around the tips. I will keep you posted. We still have a ways to go but should see something soon.

Matt

It is very important we don't make tips too large to melt the plastic around the tips. I will keep you posted. We still have a ways to go but should see something soon.

Matt

I wouldn't worry about the exhaust tip burning the plastic unless it actually touches the bumper. I've helped my friends install aftermarket CBE's that were really close to the bumper cutout (dual tip in a bumper cutout). However, the exhaust tip extended beyond the bumper so the gases cleared the bumper.

My wish list is:

1. Slightly oval exhaust tip to match the shape of the bumper cutout.
  2. 2 position exhaust tip so wagon owners don't get left out. Welded on bosses with threads would be better than set screw type arrangements. I believe the stock exhaust tip is attached with screws just as I have described.
  3. Full 3 inch midpipe.
  4. Braided flex section in the midpipe just aft of the downpipe since we will lose the donut gasket. Also, the Perrin DP and the stock DP point in different directions at this junction so it would be nice to have a flex so that all DP's will fit up nicely. I have seen some CBE for other cars with this flex.
  5. Optional midpipe with a resonator. I know buyers can get this welded on after purchase, but it would be nice to have a purchase option. If this mid-pipe matched the stock Y-pipe, you could sell it individually too.

BTW, Matt I have an Agency Power lightweight crank. :icon_bigg

APMatt, we like your effort and asking for input. Most cat back or turbo back systems are too loud for my taste. Looking for performance, want it a little louder so I can hear it over the turbo noise. :icon_wink But not at the expense of waking the neighbors or sounding like a HS kid car. Single or dual, prefer rolled SS not Ti.

We are aiming for a dual tip exit with angled tips that are 2.5" each. The sound will be more agressive than stock for sure. We don't want it to be too loud either but it will likely take several can sizes to get it just right.

Matt

Since supporting our dealer network is important to our company, Peter at PLtek has started a thread to keep all of you updated. We will post all dyno results and pictures on his thread. All of your feedback will be read and we hope to produce a kit that you will enjoy.

The thread can be seen here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47292

Matt

Archived